Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

T-Magic (1 Viewer)

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I was at the Rose Bowl for this run which was an incredible moment.

Of course, in traditional NU QB fashion, about half way through the 4th quarter of a tied game, he was sacked in the end zone for a safety that led to the loss.

Edit: Man, I just looked at the stats from that game. Defense gave up 653 yards. I think time has diminished our understanding of just how much Pelini regressed defensively. We couldn't get off the field against anybody with a pulse once we moved to the B1G.

That UCLA game might have been when the nickname T-Ragic started

Reactions: Irv

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
He would be worse. Yes I am serious.

This offense has a fraction of the talent that one did.
I caught a replay of a game from that era a while back and was surprised at some of the talent on offense. Ameer, Kenny Bell, Eununwa, DPE.

They probably had 5 different guys that would be the best player on this year's team

TooTall

Linebacker
Insider
Elite Member
Taylor was a damn good talent, if we had any kind of a fuckin defense that year it could have been great.

He has had problems with that ankle ever since the injury, he shouldn't have been on the field after it happened but Pelini pushed him to play.

He had to have another major surgery on it not too many years ago.

Dude deserves every bit of recognition UNL gives him.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Taylor was a damn good talent, if we had any kind of a fuckin defense that year it could have been great.

He has had problems with that ankle ever since the injury, he shouldn't have been on the field after it happened but Pelini pushed him to play.

He had to have another major surgery on it not too many years ago.

Dude deserves every bit of recognition UNL gives him.
It was his toe. Did you ever see the pics of it. It was fucked up.

TooTall

Linebacker
Insider
Elite Member
It was his toe. Did you ever see the pics of it. It was fucked up.
Yeah, wasn't it that he also had a severe case of turf toe that never healed right.

Maybe it was the toe that Pelini pushed him to keep playing with.

I thought the pics I saw a few years back were ankle surgery, as the incision was considerable.

But regardless of what it was, it was from him playing here, and he had been dealing with issues for years.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah, wasn't it that he also had a severe case of turf toe that never healed right.

Maybe it was the toe that Pelini pushed him to keep playing with.

I thought the pics I saw a few years back were ankle surgery, as the incision was considerable.

But regardless of what it was, it was from him playing here, and he had been dealing with issues for years.
I don’t think you can blame much on Pelini. I’ve known people with it. It’s hard to get rid of. Martinez was no pussy playing through the pain.

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member
I was at the Rose Bowl for this run which was an incredible moment.

Of course, in traditional NU QB fashion, about half way through the 4th quarter of a tied game, he was sacked in the end zone for a safety that led to the loss.

Edit: Man, I just looked at the stats from that game. Defense gave up 653 yards. I think time has diminished our understanding of just how much Pelini regressed defensively. We couldn't get off the field against anybody with a pulse once we moved to the B1G.

Lol I love how he looked back and let off the gas and they still couldn't catch him

Woodrow F Call

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Screenshot_20230923_181550_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230923_181543_Chrome.jpg
He got better each season. Iirc he went out on his own every off season to become a better passer. Nothing but respect for the guy. He had other playmakers around him for sure but I don't recall another player in my 30+ years of following the program that has a highlight reel that comes close to his.

It's a fucking Shame Tim Beck couldn't call a complete game or adapt and adjust beyond the first few series of a game, similar to his HC and the defensive side. The big 12 ccg against OU and the UCLA games are unforgettable in how that offense was a fucking machine. open any game no matter how good the opponent was and have 2-3 possession leads in a quarter, then piss down their leg because of the coordinators ineptitude.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds