Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Swimtown doing Swimtown things…again (active shooter) 1/31/23 (3 Viewers)

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
GIAH really must be busy prosecuting murders in MIZ ZOU. Two "Swimtown" threads and nary a peep.

Bottom line: really crummy 36 hours for Omaha. I'd also like to remind the criminals out there that the Omaha Police Dept. is now 2-0 against y'all in 2023. Hip, hip, hooray for the good guys in blue.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
GIAH really must be busy prosecuting murders in MIZ ZOU. Two "Swimtown" threads and nary a peep.

Bottom line: really crummy 36 hours for Omaha. I'd also like to remind the criminals out there that the Omaha Police Dept. is now 2-0 against y'all in 2023. Hip, hip, hooray for the good guys in blue.
Was just going to post a 2-0 comment myself. Keep up the fine work OPD

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Did somebody say there were guns in Dino Storage that he was stealing? Not sure if I misunderstood or imagined that.

RedSavage

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Did somebody say there were guns in Dino Storage that he was stealing? Not sure if I misunderstood or imagined that.
I read a comment saying there was a bunch of guns and ammo in the unit but don’t really know the validity of it

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
That's what was said on the 911 call - guns & ammo in the unit. Dispatcher relayed it to the officers when they were responding to the burglary.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
I was gonna say, happened way too quickly to be an officer responding from elsewhere. Had to be someone already at the building.
Mrs said apparently is was a uniformed officer. I don't know...

I agree though, either a cop was in the building/really close or this was basically a guy trying to commits suicide and didn't want to hurt anybody. How else would somebody with 5+ mins and armed not take somebody out?

Something isn't adding up.

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Mrs said apparently is was a uniformed officer. I don't know...

I agree though, either a cop was in the building/really close or this was basically a guy trying to commits suicide and didn't want to hurt anybody. How else would somebody with 5+ mins and armed not take somebody out?

Something isn't adding up.
Especially with the amount of ammo he had on him. I think the police report said what, 13 mags? Bizarre situation but glad the outcome is what it is.

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds