Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Sucks for walk-ons (1 Viewer)

betsch

Safety
My nephew is a walk-on right now. Even for home games the Big 10 decided home teams can only suit up their travel roster plus a few more (90 total maybe). So that leaves the Huskers with ~60 that can't even suit up for the game. They are allowed to sit in the stands and watch. I would be so pissed if I worked out all year and practiced etc., knowing you were probably never getting to play, but now you can't even suit up for a game? Covid-wise, they are already practicing together, what the hell is the difference if they are standing on the sideline or not during a game? If it is a competitive thing, maybe have a designated jersey that says they are ineligible to play or something like that. Rant over.

Blackshirts_Win_'ships

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
There's a lot of evidence that exposure *IN GAME* is minimal in impacts. Much higher risk on the sidelines, unnecessary interaction, etc. Yeah, it sucks for walk-ons, but there's literally no impact in restricting them from the sidelines. Probably feels more like a practice than a game anyhow.

Also, we shouldn't have 150 guys suited up. That's absurd, COVID-19 or not.

Blackshirts_Win_'ships

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
But seriously. Anyone who has played knows that "full pads" vs. not "full pads" means absolutely nothing

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Probably was that roster limit that Frost was unsure of about a month ago.

Literally get all the inside info you can from him and post it on here so we can see it. TIA

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds