Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Some thoughts going forward. (1 Viewer)

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
2007? The year they went 12-1 were ranked as high as 2nd and the same year we fired our coach? The 3-5 year mark may average out, but their highs were way higher than ours.
I was just thinking like pure brand national relevancy at the time.

kevost

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
I was just thinking like pure brand national relevancy at the time.
That's fair. They def had us in 2007, but we were still in the headlines with the coaching change, but we were way more relevant 2 short years later in 2009. Still insane to think what what could have been with that team if we had an offense.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
I feel like Thompson met the "best QB who would pick up the phone and take money criteria" given that Frost's ship was pretty much sunk at that point.

But generally speaking, yeah if we don't have the QB position figured out, go out and spend what it takes to QB who is already good. Not hypothetically good. Not could be good. Already good.
Was there a sure thing outside of Sam Hartman last cycle? Maybe Devin Leary?

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
The one Sims play was a shitshow but I think Ives was in there and may have gone the wrong way. Otherwise Sims just fucked up the direction.
It was Emett Johnson. Ives hasn't played yet.

But same difference. I tend to blame the young running back playing offense for the first time in his college career for the mistake. But I have no proof. One of them went the wrong way and it could have been Sims, but I'm not autmatically including that play in Sims's well stocked pantry of screwups.

nja13

Elite Member
5: Stop trying to make Tommi Hill a thing. He has done the following this season in limited duty...
A: Gets beat deep on a 3rd & a mile.
B: Tackled for loss on reverse.
C: No catches on any of his go routes.
D: Fumbled a kickoff return
He played a lot more WR than CB against LaTech. I wonder if they're making the position switch more serious because our lack of competent WR's and our surplus of good DBs. In previous games, Hill would only come in for one play at a time and be the focus of the play. Saturday he was in the regualr WR rotation and was one the field for offense quite a bit. Billy Kemp only played three more plays at WR than Hill did.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
tPB OG
Was there a sure thing outside of Sam Hartman last cycle? Maybe Devin Leary?
This is the list

https://www.Tater Island.com/transfer-portal/top/football/2023/?position=qb

Frustrated World Cup GIF

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
He played a lot more WR than CB against LaTech. I wonder if they're making the position switch more serious because our lack of competent WR's and our surplus of good DBs. In previous games, Hill would only come in for one play at a time and be the focus of the play. Saturday he was in the regualr WR rotation and was one the field for offense quite a bit. Billy Kemp only played three more plays at WR than Hill did.

This is like when Frost kept telling us Cam Jurgens was a great center while we watched him catapult snaps over Adrian's head every week.

(Note: The next year Cam fixed that problem and played pretty damn good. Does this mean Tommi is gonna be awesome next year?)

nja13

Elite Member

This is like when Frost kept telling us Cam Jurgens was a great center while we watched him catapult snaps over Adrian's head every week.

(Note: The next year Cam fixed that problem and played pretty damn good. Does this mean Tommi is gonna be awesome next year?)

Except the bad snaps were all on Cam. Can't really fault Hill for not ever being thrown a catcahble ball.

Unless you're talking about him getting beat on defense, then yeah, that's on him.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
Except the bad snaps were all on Cam. Can't really fault Hill for not ever being thrown a catcahble ball.

Unless you're talking about him getting beat on defense, then yeah, that's on him.
Beat on defense, pass interference, fumbling a kickoff return, tackled for loss.

I don't think he's a bad guy. I don't think he doesn't have skill. I just think he is a guy who always has bad luck no matter what. So we need to stop force feeding him snaps because it just isn't working. And if he gets lucky once are we gonna have to live through 10 more bad plays? He's like the anti-JoJo Doman. Bizzaro Doman.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
They housed us 76-39. It wasn't fun I was at the game.
I was not there, but that was still around the time frame where my frame of thought was that there were certain schools that shouldn't be allowed to be on the same field as Nebraska, and KU was one of them. I remember my jaw being on the floor the entire game.

Mr.Bojangles

Offensive Lineman
I was not there, but that was still around the time frame where my frame of thought was that there were certain schools that shouldn't be allowed to be on the same field as Nebraska, and KU was one of them. I remember my jaw being on the floor the entire game.
Yeah same here. But they gave it to us good all though our defense was hot garbage at that point under Cosgrove.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds