Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Some random thoughts (1 Viewer)

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
1: Javin Wright: He is reminding me of JoJo in the sense that JoJo also had early injury struggles, but found ways to make plays on special teams while he was breaking into the team. Nice punt block, Jav.

2: Strange substitutions continue: Case in point, Grant was getting going and taking over so what happens? Let's give Gabe Irvin his first series, while the game is still in doubt, in which he gets -1 yards. WTF? Mathis didn't seem to play much. I think we trotted out 3 different punt returners. Walk on S Phalen Stanford played ahead of a bunch of guys on scholarship. I just don't get what we are doing game to game and it's been that way for a long time.

3: We can't claim that special teams are fixed.
Punting is better, but punt and kick returns both almost gave the ball away. Punt block was great except for Liewer trying his best to fuck it up. We missed the easier of the two FG attempts. There was some weird kickoff directly at an up man. Just twilight zone stuff.

4: Is it time to talk about Teddy? He has been underwhelming to say the least. Two weeks and pressure and hits are coming from his man. He is young and coming off of injury and might not keep his spot much longer if you ask me.

5: Speaking of underwhelming in the first two weeks ....Reimer.

6: Timeouts to help an opponent. I have been watching football for a long time and I don't think I've ever seen something like that.

Last edited:

MtnHusker

Legend
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
1. Where was Rahmir Johnson in his Brian Westbrook role?
2. Castenada goes from looking great the first week to being on the side of a Milk Carton
3. Grant looked great even though the line struggled to give him holes to run through
4. Farmer is one of the worst tackling players we have had
5. The rest of the team wasn't exactly great at tackling either
6. I thought I saw Muaga in there briefly and he looked good with a text book tackle.

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
3. My big gripe with the return game is the musical chairs. Flipping through the channels I didn’t see too many teams returning things in special teams except the top tier schools (we aren’t in that group in case it was a question).

I assume if we don’t have consistency with the return man it’ll be hard to get comfortable with the actual return.

4. I thought about this yesterday seeing 8 man football DL get past him on any pass rush down. Scary thought when he’s our best.

5. LBs have been bad in general. Their tracking was better in the second half. Want to pay closer attention to that if I get around to a rewatch.

6. I was watching the game silently until those timeouts before the half. From an hour or so of silence to yelling out “what the fuck is wrong with you!?!?” Not once in his tenure here have those defensive timeouts led to us scoring points. It sure as shit has led to the other team scoring though.

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
7. We need to incorporate the QB run game. Not necessarily options or called draws, but rather have CT bail out early and pick up the 10 yards every so often. It curtailed the pass rush when they started worrying about CT taking off. We don’t have the OL to let them only worry about a drop back pass game or a hand off.

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
3. My big gripe with the return game is the musical chairs. Flipping through the channels I didn’t see too many teams returning things in special teams except the top tier schools (we aren’t in that group in case it was a question).

I assume if we don’t have consistency with the return man it’ll be hard to get comfortable with the actual return.

4. I thought about this yesterday seeing 8 man football DL get past him on any pass rush down. Scary thought when he’s our best.

5. LBs have been bad in general. Their tracking was better in the second half. Want to pay closer attention to that if I get around to a rewatch.

6. I was watching the game silently until those timeouts before the half. From an hour or so of silence to yelling out “what the fuck is wrong with you!?!?” Not once in his tenure here have those defensive timeouts led to us scoring points. It sure as shit has led to the other team scoring though.
A complete YES to #6. There really are only two options that I can see.

1. Frost does Meth and has no connection with reality in his mind during games,

2. Frost has no connection with reality,

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
2. Castenada goes from looking great the first week to being on the side of a Milk Carton
3. Grant looked great even though the line struggled to give him holes to run through
6. I thought I saw Muaga in there briefly and he looked good with a text book tackle.
Henrich makes Farmer look like Mike Fucking Singletary

Cornicator

Safety
Insider

Castaneda was in on nearly 25 snaps. But was never targeted. I have no clue what happened there.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
7. We need to incorporate the QB run game. Not necessarily options or called draws, but rather have CT bail out early and pick up the 10 yards every so often. It curtailed the pass rush when they started worrying about CT taking off. We don’t have the OL to let them only worry about a drop back pass game or a hand off.
I thought he showed good speed and prettt fair agility on the few he ran. Def put to bed rumors that he can’t do it. Another element for defenses to plan for.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Who’s Mike fucking singletary?
christmas vacation GIF

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds