Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

So which Huskers get drafted when? (1 Viewer)

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
I think teams will likely look at him as either a center or guard which might give him a bit more leverage.

I can’t remember who it was (some former NU OL) but they were talking about if you’re a Guard who can fill in at Center (cuz you played Center in high school or college) You’re very valuable to a NFL team because of the limited roster. Same for skill position guys who also are good at special teams.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
In 2021 only 7 Centers were drafted. Jurgens would probably have to be the 1st Center drafted to go that high. Based on the numbers he will need to be considered one of the best Centers even to be drafted. Unless a team wants him to play Guard. (14 Guards drafted in 2021)
I agree with all this. I think Linderbaum is going to be one of the highest centers drafter in recent memory.

I think the Vikings took Bradbury in round 1 but can’t remember any other C’s going in the 1st

UNK’sker

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
Near as I can tell the likely candidates are:

Jurgens
Cam Taylor-Britt
Jojo Domann
Samori Toure
Damion Daniels
Ben Stille
Austin Allen

Feel free to give a range of rounds. I'll post the correct answer later
I’ll probably be wrong but I’ll take a guess

Jojo - 3rd
CTB - 5th
Jurgens - 5th
Allen - 6th
Toure - 6th
Daniels - UFA
Stills - UFA

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
I wonder how much Jurgens fr/so tape affect his eval. I know something stands out when my buddies who watch more limited NE football pick up on things and Jurgens is still the high snap guy in their minds.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I agree with all this. I think Linderbaum is going to be one of the highest centers drafter in recent memory.

I think the Vikings took Bradbury in round 1 but can’t remember any other C’s going in the 1st
There's been a center drafted in the first on average every other year since the 90s. However none have been drafted higher than 18th since the 80s. I can see Linderbaum beating that.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I wonder how much Jurgens fr/so tape affect his eval. I know something stands out when my buddies who watch more limited NE football pick up on things and Jurgens is still the high snap guy in their minds.
I think the NFL weights recent performance much more heavily. Obviously multiple years of good tape is preferably, but I don't see any team getting down on him because of snapping issues as a freshman unless they see something that suggests he hasn't fixed them

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Why on Daniels? I couldn’t see him increasing his stock much more with another year and he got his degree.

Jim has predicted he goes undrafted. If that ends up being the case he absolutely could have benefitted from another year and what would be the rush to go to the NFL if you weren’t going to be drafted?

What do I know though? I though Valentine made a terrible choice too and he ended up in the 3rd round.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
There's been a center drafted in the first on average every other year since the 90s. However none have been drafted higher than 18th since the 80s. I can see Linderbaum beating that.
Wow thats crazy, it always seems like Tackles and guards go before centers.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Jim has predicted he goes undrafted. If that ends up being the case he absolutely could have benefitted from another year and what would be the rush to go to the NFL if you weren’t going to be drafted?

What do I know though? I though Valentine made a terrible choice too and he ended up in the 3rd round.
He very well could go undrafted if he stayed another year. He wasn’t going to make a big jump staying another year.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
He very well could go undrafted if he stayed another year. He wasn’t going to make a big jump staying another year.

That’s kind of the point I’m making. What’s the rush to the NFL if you’re going to go undrafted this year? Wouldn’t you benefit from one more year in college to maybe see if you can get into the 5-7th round with a shallower draft class? Even if it’s a slim chance, isn’t it kind of worth it?

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
That’s kind of the point I’m making. What’s the rush to the NFL if you’re going to go undrafted this year? Wouldn’t you benefit from one more year in college to maybe see if you can get into the 5-7th round with a shallower draft class? Even if it’s a slim chance, isn’t it kind of worth it?
Why not go try to get paid earlier in the event you make it?

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
We will have to agree to disagree. He has been here five years. He isn’t getting any better staying at Nebraska. Sometimes when you’re drafted real late you’re better off being a free agent anyways so you can pick your destination.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
We will have to agree to disagree. He has been here five years. He isn’t getting any better staying at Nebraska. Sometimes when you’re drafted real late you’re better off being a free agent anyways so you can pick your destination.

This was the first year he was able to play more than 15 snaps a game. Not sure the jump he made from 20 to 21 means he can’t get any better.

The point about not every kid wanting to stay for their super senior year isn’t lost on me though.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
This was the first year he was able to play more than 15 snaps a game. Not sure the jump he made from 20 to 21 means he can’t get any better.

The point about not every kid wanting to stay for their super senior year isn’t lost on me though.
I also think the losing probably played a role. It’s easier to come back if the team is successful.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds