Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

So how’s the game day thread on this site?

How many of you still watch the game in real-time and could engage in a game thread?

Personally, I like to use the DVR such that I reach real-time for the 4th quarter of a football game or last six minutes of a basketball game after fast-forwarding through the commercials, injuries, half-time break, and official reviews.

I think it helps me eat less junk food, and be less tempted to switch to a shitty auto-insurance company.

How many of you still watch the game in real-time and could engage in a game thread?

Personally, I like to use the DVR such that I reach real-time for the 4th quarter of a football game or last six minutes of a basketball game after fast-forwarding through the commercials, injuries, half-time break, and official reviews.

I think it helps me eat less junk food, and be less tempted to switch to a shitty auto-insurance company.
Most of the time I'm watching live. However, I'm on Hulu so I'm a minute or two (actual minute not game minute) behind the cable people. A "MF Martinez!" Might pop up before I know what happens.

I might have to try a strategy like that. My experience with RSS game threads for the past 17 years helped lead me to my current viewing habits. The last point where I insisted on watching games live was when fauxpelini was at the top of his game.

Perhaps the game threads are better here and worth viewing live.

Think of this as Graduate level thought process and commentary where as RSS is 4th grade recess

I might have to try a strategy like that. My experience with RSS game threads for the past 17 years helped lead me to my current viewing habits. The last point where I insisted on watching games live was when fauxpelini was at the top of his game.

Perhaps the game threads are better here and worth viewing live.

In retrospect, the game thread on TPB is not different or much better than the other site's game threads during a loss when watching the game and the game thread in close to real time.

At least for now, no matter where you get your game thread it is

tenor.gif

We somehow still suck

Tbf we sucked really really bad Saturday.

That's true, but it was also the first time I watched a game and followed the live game thread in real-time since about 2015, and I had almost forgotten why I quit.

Since then, we've sucked really really bad on enough Saturdays that I though maybe things had changed. If not on the field, then on the platinum board or RSS game thread. It hasn't changed much.

Looking forward to getting sorority girl drunk and screaming at the tv on Friday. It’s my last workday for the year and the game isn’t at 8 am Alaska time. Can’t wait to drop loads of steaming hot takes.

You won't be the only one dropping those hot takes. I respect your right to drop them, but also value my sanity in the hours after the game ends.

But, I'll not be following any "official game thread" in real-time, or reading it later. I prefer my sanity, much in the same way I don't talk to one of my brothers during or after a game, win or loss.

You won't be the only one dropping those hot takes. I respect your right to drop them, but also value my sanity in the hours after the game ends.

But, I'll not be following any "official game thread" in real-time, or reading it later. I prefer my sanity, much in the same way I don't talk to one of my brothers during or after a game, win or loss.
tenor.gif

I've been accused of being a pussy before, and will likely continue to get that accusation. I own it, and maybe deserve it.

Husker's sucky performances are a thing. At the same time, considering this is either a cooking or aquarium board by now, I'd rather be able to take a dump if needed while cooking or cleaning my aquarium, and then hit play on the dvr later for the football and basketball games.

The Pickle Smoochers basketball game was one where I had hope while watching live, then took a dump and watched a shit show afterward.

Maybe I still need to burn my Pelini and Riley game-day attire.

Looking forward to getting sorority girl drunk and screaming at the tv on Friday. It’s my last workday for the year and the game isn’t at 8 am Alaska time. Can’t wait to drop loads of steaming hot takes.
I'll join you in the drunken rampage of shit posting. Kids go to bed around 8:00 ish, so about halftime, by the end of the game, I'll have a real solid drunk on. It's too bad my wife is still 2-3 weeks away from receiving a fresh plowing.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back