Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

So Fong Bombs coming in for Dickerson to (1 Viewer)

MtnHusker

Legend
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Oregon. Duck It. Kinda makes sense and not concerned if we lose him as long as the coaches sign a Pass Rusher and QB with the 2 remaining spots. Dickerson is definitely talented but we have some serious holes in this roster that need immediate repair.

Johannes de Silentio

Offensive Lineman
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I posted this on RSS, but it's Fong and another dude having to change their Minnesota CBs to something else. Each put in a very low-confidence score of 3, which is unusual for Fong. I think it's just a matter of having to take a guess at this point. I don't think anyone really knows with any measure of certainty right now.

MtnHusker

Legend
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I have a feeling we will see more guys transfer, and thus more scholarships open up.
Problem isn't more scholarships opening up, the problem is we can only offer 25. We already have commits of 23 so only 2 spots left.

Something I find interesting is Bielema has barely recruited anyone at Illinois. I wonder if he is just going to raid the Transfer Portal to fill his openings. Makes sense to me for a coach who gets a late start on recruiting. I could see perennial bottom feeders like KU resorting to this with the 25 scholarship limit.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Something I find interesting is Bielema has barely recruited anyone at Illinois. I wonder if he is just going to raid the Transfer Portal to fill his openings. Makes sense to me for a coach who gets a late start on recruiting. I could see perennial bottom feeders like KU resorting to this with the 25 scholarship limit.
Given how crappy most transition classes are, raiding the transfer portal seems like the smart move. I wish Frost could have done that in 2018.

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Given how crappy most transition classes are, raiding the transfer portal seems like the smart move. I wish Frost could have done that in 2018.

Wasn’t that before the portal existed?

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’m pretty sure the portal came in during the 2018 season. Because I remember Bell waiting until the day it opened then hitting the portal. So frost couldn’t have really used it. Grad transfers were definitely a thing, though.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Isn't the portal just something to make it easier for players and schools to find each other? Transfers have been a thing, it's probably gotten more common since 2018, but it's really just a way of matching players to schools.

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Isn't the portal just something to make it easier for players and schools to find each other? Transfers have been a thing, it's probably gotten more common since 2018, but it's really just a way of matching players to schools.

In addition, It makes it so the players school doesn’t have to release them from their scholarship, and they can’t put restrictions on where they can transfer. Definitely makes the whole process easier for the player.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah good point. You would think think they could play around with the numbers...Im sure there is more than one way to work the system with the 25 limit.
Yeah... I just have no idea how it works really.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
In addition, It makes it so the players school doesn’t have to release them from their scholarship, and they can’t put restrictions on where they can transfer. Definitely makes the whole process easier for the player.
Transfer restrictions were always dumb

MtnHusker

Legend
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think there were grad transfers in 2018. I'm not really sure when the whole portal business came about though.
we got a grad transfer Safety from UCF when this staff came over.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds