Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Side by Side/UTV (1 Viewer)

kyle23

Linebacker
Elite Member
I'm looking to pick up a side by side here in the next couple months for a western hunt. My preference is to get a two seater with four wheel drive. For as much as it will be used I'm leaning toward used inventory.

Any recs on makes and models to consider or avoid?

DennyCrane

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
If you are going to use it mainly for hunting, I would recommend a Honda Pioneer 1000 or a Yamaha Viking. Make sure you get one with power steering. Polaris Ranger is fine, and probably has the softest ride, but the Polaris reliability leaves a bit to be desired. If you are going to be in remote areas, I would be leery with a Polaris. Kawasaki Mules are nearly indestructible too but they aren't much for trail riding if you plan to do that. UTVing is one of my hobbies so if you have any questions about specific models, I am happy to try to answer.

Mood4NU

Linebacker
Elite Member
Can am Defender will be my next machine . Have a Commander now but will be moving to a newer defender in the next few years

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
For how much you say you’ll be using it, you likely won’t need a terribly powerful one. We got a used Polaris and have never had issues with this one, but the Polaris atvs we had were always in the shop… mostly because of moronic driving, though.
Most brands have come a long way since the early days of utvs, so as long as you don’t do stupid shit, you should be fine.

TooTall

Linebacker
Insider
Elite Member
Get a Kawasaki KRX absolutely the most reliable unit. They are built so much more durable than Polaris.

kaz36

Linebacker
Elite Member
We bought a CF Moto last fall and love it. It’s a fairly new brand. We got the UForce 1000XL which is a 6 seater(pic below). The UForce 1000 is a 3 seater. They are cheaper than some of the other name brands. They look kind of like a Polaris. BTW, had ours up to 82 MPH the other day.

1685592068226.jpeg

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
had ours up to 82 MPH the other day.
GIF by Steve Harvey TV

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds