Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Should we have concerns about our NIL Program? (1 Viewer)

turek420845

Reaction Whore
Elite Member
I can't wait to hear all the "anonymous" stories coming forward in a few years on how their experience went. Going to be a lot crazy info coming out and a lot of dirt on programs.

jaihawk

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I assume it's not legal, but there has to be some kind of back channel communication between the NIL Collectives and Rhule when it comes to recruits, right? For instance, do we get down the road with someone like the Baylor OG transfer and the NIL Collective is letting Rhule know what his demands are are Rhule lets them know that they should pass and spend that money on another prospect.

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
My impression with not a lot of insider info is that 1890 is getting their legs underneath them, and starting to reach the point where they're out of the administrative start-up phase & newly on to the more functional stuff.

There's a new staff (still being formed) to coordinate with, the tweets from the players they're signing starting over the last couple weeks, and I just saw an ad from them on an electronic billboard in Omaha for the first time a couple days ago.

IMO, still pretty early to give a sweeping judgment, but looks like a cleaner operation than ABM.
Leprosy amputation would be a cleaner operation than ABM

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I assume it's not legal, but there has to be some kind of back channel communication between the NIL Collectives and Rhule when it comes to recruits, right? For instance, do we get down the road with someone like the Baylor OG transfer and the NIL Collective is letting Rhule know what his demands are are Rhule lets them know that they should pass and spend that money on another prospect.
Frost had the benefit of his BFF Gerrod running ABM. Can't say with 100% accuracy but came from the same people who were feeding me the inside info on the booster meetings with Turd concerning the hiring that it wasn't uncommon for Frost or an Asst Coach to fly in a private jet to meet with a transfer (cough cough Mathis) and Gerrod to be on the plane with them. Coaches would meet with said trasnfer or recruit and separately Gerrod would meet with them to discuss NIL numbers. Discussing NIL $$$ and actually paying the players $$$$ is another different sore subject about ABM/Gerrod.

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
I have absolutely no idea nor do I really care. NIL should be a secondary or thirderary criteria for the types of croots we want.
Totally agree.

Because of the inherent lack of transparency with NIL, it's become this ubiquitous entity that fans turn to whenever something goes unexpectedly good or bad with recruiting.

Kid decommitted from another team and committed to yours? Your team's NIL must be better.
Kid flips from your team to another at signing day? Your team's NIL is garbage and obviously got outbid.

NIL without a doubt plays a role in the modern recruiting landscape. It would be incredibly stupid not to acknowledge that. But the extent to which it plays into the most kids' recruitment is likely overblown.

Jay Bilzerian

Safety
Elite Member
I'm not concerned about Nebraska NIL at all.

They paid Mathis $650k last year and outbid Texas.

Bud Elliott says that Nebraska's NIL is willing and able to spend big $$$. I trust his word as he has his ear firmly pressed to the recruiting world and front offices of college football programs.
Fairly certain a large portion (if not all) of that $650k came from outside of a collective fwiw. There’s a lot of money outside of 1890

DennyCrane

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
Here is what I know. Peeds are footing all administrative costs (Matt's salary, admin salaries, the costs of running the operation if you will). They will also make a sizable donation to the collective each year. That leaves all money collected going to directly to athletes. Very few, if any other collective can say that. As far as money, I was told they believe they can raise $5-$10 million a year. Where does that rank in the nation? I don't know because it is so hard to compare these things. I do believe that the operation, once it is up and fully running, will put NU near the top of the B1G which should rank high nationally. Plus, there is the other collective in Omaha that is also very legit.

Last edited:

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
I do know for a fact Sandhills is helping a lot with everything going on at the 1890 initiative. I have a friend that works over there who has seen Davidson talking with a chief director in his office on a few occasions. He also believes that Raiola has been offered seven figures to come play here.

DennyCrane

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
No shit. My point is that we don’t live and die by the Peed family. And not everybody wants the publicity.

Very accurate. 1890 and The Big Red Collab may be the two flagship operations but there is a lot of money coming from other sources. 1890's annual projected raise alone should put NU near the top the B1G. However, there are still opportunities for other major players. Say for instance, Crete Carrier tells Turd they will commit $500K annually to a transfer to be the face of their advertising for a year. He does TV ads for Crete all year, "When you are going to transfer, you transfer with Crete". All done outside a collective.

theDankness

Linebacker
Elite Member
NIL is going to only get more important as things progress in college football.

NIL is hugely important and a great X factor for a coach coming into a roster situation like Nebraska.

Highly doubt we land Rouse if we did not have the NIL in place as it is. This is a big win.

Also, Cockeye....one of the best reputations for putting O-Line in the league....woof. Donations must not be flying into that Hawkeye NIL fund they constantly pimp out.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
NIL is going to only get more important as things progress in college football.

NIL is hugely important and a great X factor for a coach coming into a roster situation like Nebraska.

Highly doubt we land Rouse if we did not have the NIL in place as it is. This is a big win.

Also, Cockeye....one of the best reputations for putting O-Line in the league....woof. Donations must not be flying into that Hawkeye NIL fund they constantly pimp out.

Good reading in the Cockeye Rouse thread.

https://Cockeye.forums.rivals.com/threads/rouse.410582/page-5

Although you have to re-type due to auto correct.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Florida just lost their 5* QB recruit they signed because they couldn’t make their NIL payment
Wonder if Mazzccua might reconsider? Word spreads about that kinda stuff fast amongst players. Was a bad look for us when ABM wasn't paying football & basketball players what they were owed. We had some unhappy players and I think Turd is still cleaning up some of that ABM mess.

Mr.Bojangles

Offensive Lineman
If Husker fans actually gave a shit about NIL, they’d only purchase products from companies that participate.
I know I am doing my part. I prepped for the apocalypse and lined some young stud’s pockets by purchasing a pallet of Emu jerky from Pipeline Jerky.
Pipeline beef jerkey already paying off.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds