Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Settle a bet with my wife... (2 Viewers)

At what age is too old to get black out drunk?

• Never OK

Votes: 6 5.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 2.9%

Votes: 29 28.2%

Votes: 18 17.5%

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Always OK

Votes: 38 36.9%

• Total voters

Dble E

Cornerback
Elite Member
If we're talking truly blackout drunk with no recollection of anything, probably not more than a couple times per year after 25. Have some friends that still do it frequently and it's concerning.

I mean once or twice a year seems ok....

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
I mean once or twice a year seems ok....
Yeah I don't think it's as much about age as it is frequency. You don't want to be known as the guy that's constantly hammered making a fool of himself.

Dble E

Cornerback
Elite Member
Btw, OP - do you really expect taking a poll of 20-120 year old degenerate men is going to win an argument?

You have much to learn about winning an argument with your wife.

True.

Depends on if you can handle your liquor IMO. If you get black out and I can’t tell, who gives a fuck. But if you are the guy everyone has to worry about babysitting it’s a different story.

Shameful after college if it’s solo

Yeah..solo is not good.

doublewing

Running Back
I have no desire to get that drunk anymore. Even closely approaching blackout is going to mean I'm going to have a killer hangover the next day as they get worse with age. No problem with people reaching this level if they're picking their spots and don't get too stupid.

A nice cool buzz is my preference. No hangover, I can get up fine the next morning, and I recall all events from the night before.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think once you get older occasions matter. I’m in my mid 30s and can’t ever see me getting black out, can’t remember a damn thing drunk anymore. But if it was the right occasion I could still see myself probably drinking a little more.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
My goal in life was to always wait until I was 21 for my first beer. Had my first one with my dad a week before my birthday, because I had plans with the boys for my birthday. Bad breakup when I was 21 caused me to basically not give a shit about much for a couple years and got a good solid drunk 3-4 nights a week with a couple buddies. Not sure I'd call it blackout drunk, technically, but my memory is spotty of the 2 and 5 hours or so of drinking before my buddy and his fiance taking me home from downtown Omaha at about 11:30 at night. Can't remember if I was 21 or 22. Apologized to everyone the next morning and haven't been near that since.

Anything after 25 and it's like come on man, in my opinion, but anything after 30 is embarrassing in my opinion, to get blackout drunk. Only occasions I can get behind are the boys trips every year or couple years, or Bachelor parties if you're on a trip.

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
I got black out drunk at a buddy's house a couple weekends ago, ended up sleeping on his couch until 0530 at which point I texted my daughter to come pick me up. She did. Took me home, I crawled into bed, wife asked if I had a good time, I said YES until I threw up and passed out on the couch. She didn't give me much shit other than to say "Don't' you think you're too old for behavior like that?"

I'm almost 55...I'm a MAN...come after me!!

we all have our reasons for voting the way we did...I like to drink whiskey, sometimes to excess. Meh, Life's too short not to have, what you consider, a good time. To each their own. No judgement here.

Pro_V_DMB

Linebacker
Elite Member
My goal in life was to always wait until I was 21 for my first beer. Had my first one with my dad a week before my birthday, because I had plans with the boys for my birthday. Bad breakup when I was 21 caused me to basically not give a shit about much for a couple years and got a good solid drunk 3-4 nights a week with a couple buddies. Not sure I'd call it blackout drunk, technically, but my memory is spotty of the 2 and 5 hours or so of drinking before my buddy and his fiance taking me home from downtown Omaha at about 11:30 at night. Can't remember if I was 21 or 22. Apologized to everyone the next morning and haven't been near that since.

Anything after 25 and it's like come on man, in my opinion, but anything after 30 is embarrassing in my opinion, to get blackout drunk. Only occasions I can get behind are the boys trips every year or couple years, or Bachelor parties if you're on a trip.
We definitely views on alcohol. Usually due to different upbringings- but saying c’mon man at the age of 25? Lol.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
We definitely views on alcohol. Usually due to different upbringings- but saying c’mon man at the age of 25? Lol.
That's why I put the vacations context in there, but yeah that's my opinion on the age people should start to get it together. That's not to say there's anything wrong with a good drunk. I get a solid buzz/minor drunk whenever I have some with the boys or at celebrations. But black out drunk? Nah, get it over with in college minus those times I initially mentioned.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds