Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Season to date blocking is much improved per PFF (1 Viewer)

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Here are Uncle Donnie's recruits from the 2023 class, including Transfer Portal and Walk-on additions:

Sam SledgeOG6-04270OmahaNE
Mason GoldmanOT6-06260GretnaNE
Brock KnutsonOT6-07285ScottsbluffNE
Gunnar GottulaOT6-06255LincolnNE
Jacob Hood (Transfer Portal)OL6-08345NashvilleTN
Grant Seagren (Walk On)OL6-6250OaklandNE

JFC, that's indefensible for a Blue Blood school like Nebraska.
Missed Ben Scott

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
Granted Donnie did nothing. He was just fortunate it was a good class in Nebraska.
We've seen plenty of Nebraska highschool players not end up at Nebraska. This year's recruiting class is pretty good as well.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
It is pretty obvious none of the guys playing OT can move well enough laterally to pass block from that position. Probably no coach could truly fix that. The current guys simply lack the required athleticism to play P5 tackle.
That's a reasonable point and if uncle Donny is around next fall it will be interesting to see if he in fact trots out the same tackles who can't do it

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
That's a reasonable point and if uncle Donny is around next fall it will be interesting to see if he in fact trots out the same tackles who can't do it
The biggest problem is I'm not sure you want to start any true freshmen on the oline. That's how we got into this mess to begin with. I think Benhart is more than serviceable for one more season until somebody behind him is ready to take over. The left side they badly need to find someone in the portal this off season.

The next challenge is this year's highschool recruiting class was a horrible year for offensive tackles. Even the guys Nebraska has recruited that are labeled as tackles, in my eyes they all look like guards. Finding one LT that can come in and play right away for ideally two years would be great. Finding another LT that would be able to take over after some development in case of injury would be great too.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
The biggest problem is I'm not sure you want to start any true freshmen on the oline. That's how we got into this mess to begin with. I think Benhart is more than serviceable for one more season until somebody behind him is ready to take over. The left side they badly need to find someone in the portal this off season.

The next challenge is this year's highschool recruiting class was a horrible year for offensive tackles. Even the guys Nebraska has recruited that are labeled as tackles, in my eyes they all look like guards. Finding one LT that can come in and play right away for ideally two years would be great. Finding another LT that would be able to take over after some development in case of injury would be great too.
They have to use money in the portal and that's pretty much non-negotiable. And/Or Knaak has to not suck.

I'm not as down on the HS OT class because chucklehead recruiting services are not good at OL

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Corcoran may still be around. I doubt the rest of the line will be - it would be year 6.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds