Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Scott Frost is fired

Yeah, it’s also in Frost’s interest to get the fuck out now rather than to stick around and get fisted by Oklahoma next week
My thing is, we're gonna need that extra $7.5m to bring in an elite HC. If the boosters stepped up to pay the full $15m when they could have waited 3 weeks to pay just $7.5m, that's up to them I guess.

All we've been hearing for last 3 yrs is how the "boosters are tapped out" and "Alberts is having to beg for $$ to get the FB facility paid for" etc... if the boosters just came up with extra $7.5m magically then good for them. I figured we'd need that to bring in a top HC and pay him $8m-10m/yr

My thing is, we're gonna need that extra $7.5m to bring in an elite HC. If the boosters stepped up to pay the full $15m when they could have waited 3 weeks to pay just $7.5m, that's up to them I guess.

All we've been hearing for last 3 yrs is how the "boosters are tapped out" and "Alberts is having to beg for $$ to get the FB facility paid for" etc... if the boosters just came up with extra $7.5m magically then good for them. I figured we'd need that to bring in a top HC and pay him $8m-10m/yr

I am pretty sure that Frost is not getting the $15M. There was another renegotiation and I am sure it will be around $8-$10M.

If I knew I wanted to keep coaching somewhere else, and it was clear to me that I would be fired 10/2 no matter what (I.e., that I was never going to get this money), I would probably agree to leave now to avoid the further reputation damage/embarrassment
That's like 5 years at OC salary. There is no amount of damage he could sustain in two weeks that would make up that difference.

If shows how stupid we are at the top because why wouldn’t you have just fired Frost last fall then? The 7.5 million could also be used for NIL.

I think it was $20 if fired last year.
Yes it’s probably went down some at the start of the year I take it then. It still shows us the reduced buyout was a smokescreen because some Frost butt buddy boosters went to bat for him. I’m still guessing frost isn’t getting the whole 15 million. Maybe we will find out at 3

Reactions: Irv
If shows how stupid we are at the top because why wouldn’t you have just fired Frost last fall then? The 7.5 million could also be used for NIL.
University can't pay money for NIL but yes those boosters that contributed to it would have been better served putting it to NIL.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back