Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Scott Frost is fired (2 Viewers)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
URGENT: anyone help me out with a Forst fired on 9/11 joke?

“His tenure has always been a bit of a flight 93, aimless and wayward…but today, the Frost era went down like the North tower”
I said this to my buddy who is an Cockeye fan and he laughed.

"You wouldn't think that something could get close to cancelling our 9/11 but here we are"

Eloot224

Running Back
Elite Member
Damn. Lavonte David reppin “Fort Scott CC” on MNF. Haven’t noticed, has he always repped that and not Nebraska?

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
You would take Mickey Joseph? I'm assuming you know he's never been a P5 or G5 head coach, or even coordinator
I don't give a shit if he's coordinated. It's a different job than being a head coach. I don't think Mickey will win enough to move the needle for me, but he's got the rare opportunity to actually coach his way into the job by showing he can actually do the job he will be hired to do. I think you're a crack head if you'd take him now, but there's a world where over the next 9 games he looks a lot more appealing

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
I don't give a shit if he's coordinated. It's a different job than being a head coach. I don't think Mickey will win enough to move the needle for me, but he's got the rare opportunity to actually coach his way into the job by showing he can actually do the job he will be hired to do. I think you're a crack head if you'd take him now, but there's a world where over the next 9 games he looks a lot more appealing
I agree coordinator is a different job, but being an offensive coordinator makes you more qualified to be a head coach than being a wide receivers coach. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's absolutely absurd than he is considered a good candidate *today*. It's like saying Travis Fisher should be head coach. There is literally zero track record there. And for the guy I quoted to say he'd take Mickey Joseph *today*, but he wouldn't take Gary Patterson, is insanely stupid.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I agree coordinator is a different job, but being an offensive coordinator makes you more qualified to be a head coach than being a wide receivers coach. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's absolutely absurd than he is considered a good candidate *today*. There is literally zero track record. And for the guy I quoted to say he'd take Mickey Joseph *today*, but he wouldn't take Gary Patterson, is insanely stupid.
Yeah

Eloot224

Running Back
Elite Member
He mixes it up. I've heard his high school before iirc
No doubt. I haven’t caught or couldn’t recall any of his previous intros, so was curious. With the current climate in Lincoln it caught my attention when he said that tonight.

Thank you for that info 👍🏼

bbenson67

Cornerback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I agree coordinator is a different job, but being an offensive coordinator makes you more qualified to be a head coach than being a wide receivers coach. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's absolutely absurd than he is considered a good candidate *today*. It's like saying Travis Fisher should be head coach. There is literally zero track record there. And for the guy I quoted to say he'd take Mickey Joseph *today*, but he wouldn't take Gary Patterson, is insanely stupid.
I imagine it's going to be like the USC firing of Clay Helton (oh the irony) and having Donte Williams finish the season as interim head coach. Nobody thought it was Donte's job to lose. He was just a place holder until a big name hire.

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
I imagine it's going to be like the USC firing of Clay Helton (oh the irony) and having Donte Williams finish the season as interim head coach. Nobody thought it was Donte's job to lose. He was just a place holder until a big name hire.
Yeah, and it actually worked out in Dabo's case. I'm not saying it can't happen, I'm just saying it's absurd to say he's a good candidate today. He could go 2-7. Heck he could do relatively well and go 5-4 and still end up being a shit coach. It's too important of a hire imo to base off a 9 game track record.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

Spider-Man Reaction GIF

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
First tweet of Lee's that I like
I mean you can't throw an insane valuation on Big Noon to justify the insanity that is firing a guy 3 weeks before it'd save you 7.5 million bucks.

I thought Turd put out the right narrative with something like: we have seniors on this team who want to win and have given a lot to this program and I want to put them in a position to do that because there are no do overs.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
I mean you can't throw an insane valuation on Big Noon to justify the slight insanity that is firing a guy 3 weeks before it'd save you 7.5 million bucks.

I thought Turd put out the right narrative with something like: we have seniors on this team who want to win and have given a lot to this program and I want to put them in a position to do that because there are no do overs.
Yeah, that might be a bit bullish.

Also there is like 8 seniors on this team. I think only 1 on the defense. So yeah go seniors

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds