Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Schwellenbach starting for Braves tomorrow night

So the fastball/slider combination for Schwellenbach was there tonight and he was getting some ridiculous swings off of the slider.

He topped out around 97 according to the broadcast, but the most interesting thing to me was his max stride was 7ft3. Which puts him into a very top level category especially since he’s only 6ft.

Ending the 3rd and into the 4th you could tell they were getting to him though. This is where it was going to be interesting for me. Spencer now throws a change up and a curveball and both pitches showed flashes of being very good.

But….. this is absolutely the category he’s gotta get better in if he’s going to be a big league starter. His secondary stuff is just not there yet. And that’s okay! He didn’t pitch in 2022 coming off Tommy John so last year was his first healthy season and he was just in High A two starts ago.

If I’m Atlanta I stash him in AAA and I wouldn’t be afraid to go back to him for a spot start.

As far as where he’s at in the organization, I think he’s a solid 2nd or 3rd best pitching prospect behind Smith-Shauver and Waldrep.

I think he could project easily to a starter in this league.

I like him a lot as a big leaguer. I think his floor would be a late game relief pitcher. I think he can be a really good starter in this league if he can develop the change and curve. The fastball and slider are good enough to be effective now. The Braves have had a lot of success with guys just like Spencer.

As always with baseball…. “We’ll see”

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back