Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Scholarship Distribution Chart (1 Viewer)

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
I went through my chart and compared it to the Huskers.com roster. As far as I can tell we are at 88........(*record scratch).......huh? 88??
But Tsakoi, we have to be at 85....WTF?

Short answer: I don't know. Also, Rhule claimed to be at 83 earlier in the week and gave Phalen Stanford a scholarship along with another guy to be mentioned in the future to get us to 85. That means there are 4 guys on my list who are not on the team (despite being listed on Huskers.com) or are not on scholarship any longer.

Candidates for this include guys who started as walk-ons at Nebraska then converted to scholarship but are now reverted back to walk on......(seems unlikely and crazy)

Luke Reimer
Nouredin Noulli

Some guys who we believe are on scholarships but might actually be walk ons:

Josh Fleeks
Marco Ortiz

Guys who don't count against the scholarship numbers because they are unavailable medically:

Brodie Tagaloa
Jacob Hood???

Does Arik Gilbert count against the scholarship numbers without a waiver?

Anyone else know what is going ?

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Luke Reimer
Nouredin Noulli

Some guys who we believe are on scholarships but might actually be walk ons:

Josh Fleeks
Marco Ortiz

Guys who don't count against the scholarship numbers because they are unavailable medically:

Brodie Tagaloa
Jacob Hood???

Does Arik Gilbert count against the scholarship numbers without a waiver?
Reimer and Nouili - not so crazy. They may only be here a semester, and even if they're not, why not let them pay NIL?

Fleeks and Ortiz likely not on schollie. I think anyone in a 6th year could be on NIL, e.g., Grant, Kemp also.

We know we're at 85 - why do we care who is one of the 85 and who is technically walking on and paying from NIL?

Hood, Tagaloa and Gilbert are all counters.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Do we really only have 8 seniors? Holy shit
Only 8 in football eligibility (4 of these guys are likely no longer on scholarship). We have 12 5th year juniors, though. But for the Covid anomaly, they'd be seniors, too.

Last edited:

Herbie

Quarterback
Snodgrass has to be the worst scholarship player in Nebraska history.
Have you forgot about cruenski gilleylen?

Outside of being freakishly athletic he had to be one of the most useless players ever.
Couldn’t run a route. Couldn’t catch a pass. Couldn’t not fumble. Couldn’t play rb

GBR305

Linebacker
Have you forgot about cruenski gilleylen?

Outside of being freakishly athletic he had to be one of the most useless players ever.
Couldn’t run a route. Couldn’t catch a pass. Couldn’t not fumble. Couldn’t play rb
Gilleylen at least did something in practice that was worth putting him on the field. Snodgrass is just a complete nothing burger. I'm not even sure if he would start at South Dakota at this point.

I had Seth Malcom, Randolph Kpai and Mikai Gbayor up there too, but Malcom has already left & Gbayor has apparently been injured.

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
Reimer and Nouili - not so crazy. They may only be here a semester, and even if they're not, why not let them pay NIL?

Fleeks and Ortiz likely not on schollie. I think anyone in a 6th year could be on NIL, e.g., Grant, Kemp also.

We know we're at 85 - why do we care who is one of the 85 and who is technically walking on and paying from NIL?

Hood, Tagaloa and Gilbert are all counters.
I doubt it's Nouili, being an international student would make relying solely on NIL that much more difficult making it all legal.

Be interesting to know who the 85 are, shows who the coaches value the most.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
I doubt it's Nouili, being an international student would make relying solely on NIL that much more difficult making it all legal.

I think he graduated from a Lincoln high school so I bet there is a chance that he qualifies as an in-state dude when it comes to tuition.

I'm not sure how all that works.

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
I think he graduated from a Lincoln high school so I bet there is a chance that he qualifies as an in-state dude when it comes to tuition.

I'm not sure how all that works.
Yeah, but I was talking about Visa issues with NIL. Passive vs active NIL income, not sure where it stands and what can or can't be done.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don't think that's true. I could see Reimer or a 6th year player go to NIL for the sake of the team. What do they care if they get a scholarship and 50k NIL or 60k NIL and pay for tuition?

Eaton Beaver

Prime Time
Elite Member
Is much as Mickey liked Bonner I'm shocked he hasn't been moved back to WR. He was the talk of a whole offseason once. Did he get worse once Frost's staff worked with him?

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
I was hoping for that but I haven't heard anything since the spring on him. How is he not a weapon to help out our supposedly depleted wr room?
Quote from Satt on him from today's presser -

"He can play receiver, running back, tight end, fullback. He does a little bit of everything. Using him in different personnel groupings." Satterfield said he has good ball skills and "above average speed for a guy that plays in that interior box alignment." The coach added, "He'll have a role in this offense, for sure."

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
At one point there was a rumor that Timmy the kicker was going to walk on this year. I don't know if he would qualify for a NIL deal or not though.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds