Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Saudi Public Investment Fund in Discussions With ATP Tour on “Investment”

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball

Saudi Arabia’s bid to take over sport has moved on to tennis as the head of the men’s tour revealed he held talks with the kingdom’s sovereign wealth fund.

The Public Investment Fund (PIF) of Saudi Arabia have already swallowed up golf, taken over Newcastle United, lured star footballers like Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema to their own domestic league while there are reports of a £16billion offer to buy the rights to Formula One.

Mail Sport reported last month that tennis’s NextGen finals, the end-of-year competition for the world’s eight best under-21 players, looks set to move to Jeddah.

ATP Tour chair Andrea Gaudenzi said he held ‘positive’ discussions with PIF over potential investment in tennis. It was only a few weeks ago that golf’s PGA Tour finally relented in their civil war with breakaway Saudi-backed LIV.

Gaudenzi warned any investors must ‘stick to respecting the history of the sport and the product, working with the current stakeholder rather than against’.

Seems inevitable at some point that they’re going to try to get directly involved in American sports, no? MLS would seem like a pretty good opportunity for them to flex their muscle to a degree where you can buy/sell global players and they’re in fairly desperate need of a shot in the arm for global relevancy

PIF wants to fund Nebraska's NIL...you ok with that? I mean it's just a matter of time before they do it with some program. Hell maybe A&M already dove head first into that pool.

PIF wants to fund Nebraska's NIL...you ok with that? I mean it's just a matter of time before they do it with some program. Hell maybe A&M already dove head first into that pool.
My understanding is that these government backed funds want to make money and NIL seems like it's about as far away from a money making endeavor as one could get without just burning money

It’s coming - I wonder who will be desperate enough to do it. It would be hilarious if someone like UMass partnered with them and became good

It’s coming - I wonder who will be desperate enough to do it. It would be hilarious if someone like UMass partnered with them and became good

Jurassic Park Ian Malcom GIF

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back