Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Saban retiring (2 Viewers)

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
Get the NIL menu out!
Leonardo Dicaprio Calvin Candie GIF

FLusker

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
Not sure what the real draw is for a job at Alabama right now…. Immediately Follow the goat with unrealistic expectations. Everyone tries to recruit like saban already and few are successful. Will be hard to keep his players there. It wasn’t the university that was special in my opinion… it was that ol sum bitch that’s leaving.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Good riddance. Opportunistic, overrated fuckstick.

Jk - he’s really good. But always bothered me how shady and flip floppy he was. Would say one thing one season, then he’d flip completely because the opposite applied to his best interest the next year…

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
Wonder who Oregon gets
Oregon is kinda fascinating because, for all their clout within the CFB world, only one of their recent hires was in a HC position when they hired him (Taggert). Helfrich, Cristobal, and Lanning were all P5 coordinators. If Lanning leaves, I wouldn’t be surprised if they go that route again, maybe even going back to the Georgia DC well and hiring Glenn Schaumann.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Oregon is kinda fascinating because, for all their clout within the CFB world, only one of their recent hires was in a HC position when they hired him (Taggert). Helfrich, Cristobal, and Lanning were all P5 coordinators. If Lanning leaves, I wouldn’t be surprised if they go that route again, maybe even going back to the Georgia DC well and hiring Glenn Schaumann.
Scott is coming home. Frost Alert in Eugene

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Just hard to imagine what’s in it for Sark to move from Texas to Bama?
If the money was equal I actually think the UT job is better than the Alabama job. Austin is a better place to live IMHO.

It's hard to properly rate the Bama job because their incredible results have been led by basically the best 2 coaches in CFB history (post 1965). The non Bear/Saban results frankly aren't that great.

Texas OTOH has not been lucky enough to get their own Bear/Saban/Osborne/Paterno etc...but that doesn't mean it can't be done there.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds