Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Rumor is that Ewers is getting a $4 Million NIL at Texas... (2 Viewers)

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
If the Nebraska state legislators were smart, they would make NIL income tax exempt, similar to what some states do for retired military pensions and etc.

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
Never gonna happen in this state. If it moves, tax it. If it sits still, tax it. If it dies, tax it.
Yeah, that's unfortunate. What's going to be interesting is if Nebraska should ever play in a bowl game in a state like California, I wonder if they would be required to pay Cali taxes similar to the pros.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah, that's unfortunate. What's going to be interesting is if Nebraska should ever play in a bowl game in a state like California, I wonder if they would be required to pay Cali taxes similar to the pros.
Interesting thought.

In my best @HuskerDocCo voice, "dadburned liberals ruin everything belllllechFAAAART!"

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
Can someone explain to me how on Earth this is good for a team? (If it is true)

What do you do? Since you are giving him $4 million is he the starter from day one? The true freshman jumps the line ahead of all the other QBs.

If he is not named the starter you have $4 million of some donors money sitting on the bench? Does the starter then demand $4 million or he transfers?

So the donors are basically the recruiting coordinators now? Or do they let someone from the staff tell them how to spend their $4 million?

If he blows his knee this summer what happens to the $$$? If he starts and absolutely sucks what happens?

I have a hard time trusting that some donor coughed up $4 million for an unproven product but it is Texas after all so they probably do have someone rich enough, arrogant enough and dumb enough to do this.

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member

I would guess that they'd only be subject to taxes like that if they were compensated for a game by a team.

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
I can't think of any reason it wouldn't be taxed as ordinary income also subject to self employment taxes. They can do things like S Corps and offset the income with some expenses but it would be munimal. Even if they ran it through as scholarship money which I highly doubt is the case that would still be taxed at ordinary rates since they already have a full ride. Just wouldn't have self employment tax.

I'd be more curious in seeing what ABM's cut is
What with Dean's .05% cut and all, I'm sure the ABM cut is minuscule...
Pay Day Money GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds