Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Rhule Twitter Video (1 Viewer)

MtnHusker

Legend
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
If Rhule ever gets tired of coaching he would make one hell of a Motivational Speaker or Pastor. He is the type of coach I loved playing for. Mouth Breathers like Pelini that were all screaming & yelling to the level of almost Bullying to motivate didn't work for me. I played much better under coaches who had a calmer coaching style when teaching and motivating.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Qs9Xqqe.jpg

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
If Rhule ever gets tired of coaching he would make one hell of a Motivational Speaker or Pastor. He is the type of coach I loved playing for. Mouth Breathers like Pelini that were all screaming & yelling to the level of almost Bullying to motivate didn't work for me. I played much better under coaches who had a calmer coaching style when teaching and motivating.
I think either style can work. Saban is an ass chewer and he is the GOAT. I think you have to show the kids you care about them at the end of the day. This is where Scott Frost failed big time. It’s like he didn’t even care.

doublewing

Running Back
It's been a while since I had a coach I really liked. Just going through the coaches since we started the carousel:

-Frost was an arrogant prick that couldn't coach. If he could have at least done the latter, I would have put up with him.
-Riley was a nice guy but in over his head.
-Pelini was a guy I liked initially in 2003 and 2008-2010, then he allowed things to stagnate. And he was a dick.
-Callahan could put an offense together but was a horrible leader. He was not meant to be a HC.

Rhule has yet to coach a game at NU but he is doing everything else right. He's not a self-absorbed prick and connects with kids. Easy to root for and I'm confident he'll turn things around given his experience.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds