Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Rhule files lawsuit against the Carolina Panthers (2 Viewers)

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
If any son of a bitch from Corn Nation lurks this board this is literally the stupidest take on the situation that anyone could have produced and you have brought shame to your families.
This is even more stupid than their Matt Rhule contract take but it is nice of them to employ people with brain damage as writers.

Stretching from Sacramento, California to Palmyra, New Jersey, from Pierre, South Dakota to Miami, Florida, Nebraska signed 28 high school/JUCO players in the 2023 class. 28 players, 28 souls. I will now attempt to place a letter grade on each position group.

Quarterback - N/A

I was a huge fan of Massachusetts QB & one-time commit William Watson. Clearly the feeling wasn't mutual with the new coaching staff, thenceforth his flip to Virginia Tech. Matt Rhule briefly attempted to flip Gretna QB & Okie State signee Zane Flores, and made a run at South Dakota signalcaller & Ohio State signee Lincoln Kienholz. Neither budged.

I'm not necessarily angered by it either. Nebraska's got some Moby Dicks on the radar in 2024, mainly Bell West QB Daniel Kaelin, as well as our offensive line coach's nephew that everyone knows about.

I-Back - B
I was a MASSIVE Arnold Barnes fan & am quoted as calling him one of the best players in our class. It broke my heart when the staff didn't find the feeling mutual & he begrudgingly de-committed. It took me a long time to get over the grief.

Kwinten Ives was a deep sleeper prospect from New Jersey. His only other FBS offers were UConn & Temple. RB coach EJ Barthel offered him & recruited him while he was at UConn, and was clearly enamored with Kwinten, thus his recruitment and signing.

I was still heartbroken from the Arnold Barnes situation so I was a little salty at the time when he committed. Now that cooler heads have prevailed, I like Kwinten a lot. He has the frame of a wide receiver, but so did another Nebraska recruit whose playing style reminds me a lot of him: Maurice Washington. They're both electric players with the ball in their hands & a threat to score at any second. This is a great pickup.

Wide Receiver - A+++

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tight End - A
I was hurt when Ben Brahmer flipped from Nebraska to Cockeye State. You know when you go on a long road trip, get to your destination & have dead bugs all over your windshield & grill? That's what the Cockeye State Cyclones have been to the Nebraska Cornhuskers historically. I think the young man needs to be Baker Acted.

That's besides the point. We bounced back & nabbed Ismael Smith Flores from Arlington Martin High, down in Texas. It helped that we hired Bob Wager, his head coach, to the position that will be coaching him directly. Both of his parents attended the University of Cockeye, and his dad Leroy was the Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year in 1991 after tallying an unprecedented 18 sacks. He had an Cockeye offer, went there on an official visit, and the Cockeye Cockeyes claim to be TEU. The fact that we still got him is YUGE.

Offensive Line - C

Admittedly, I wasn't enthralled by any of our offensive line commits. I hope they all prove me wrong & I eat a fistful of crow. Mason Goldman & Jason Maciejczak have some traits that excite me.

Defensive Line - A+

Matt Rhule said that he was dedicated to development in the trenches. BOY DID HE PROVE HIMSELF RIGHT WITH THIS HAUL WE JUST BROUGHT IN!!!!!!!!!

Cam Lenhardt, Princewill Umanmielen, Riley Van Poppel, Vincent Carroll-Jackson & Kai Wallin all are AMAZING prospects & integral pieces to the redevelopment of the Blackshirts. I anticipate all of these guys terrorizing the nightmares of Big Ten offensive coordinators. Maverick Noonan & Sua Lefotu are great developmental pieces that should develop into great players as well. I'm already excited about Terrance Knighton's tenure here in Lincoln.

Linebacker - A

I am completely bewildered how Eric Fields was so underrecruited. You can quote this following message for the future:

I will be completely shocked if Eric Fields does not develop into an all-conference player & draft pick at Nebraska.

Rankings be damned, he is going to be one of the best defensive players in the Big Ten. You can save that, print it out & put it on your refrigerator door.

Dylan Rogers is a freak athlete & physically looks like a college senior already. He will be a major player in the not-too-distant future.

Secondary - A+++
Evan Cooper is one of the best defensive back coaches in America. Evan Cooper is one of the best defensive back coaches in America. Evan Cooper is one of the best defensive back coaches in America. Evan Cooper is one of the best defensive back coaches in America. Evan Cooper is one of the best defensive back coaches in America. Evan Cooper is one of the best defensive back coaches in America. Evan Cooper is one of the best defensive back coaches in America. Evan Cooper is one of the best defensive back coaches in America. Evan Cooper is one of the best defensive back coaches in America. Evan Cooper is one of the best defensive back coaches in America. Evan Cooper is one of the best defensive back coaches in America. Evan Cooper is one of the best defensive back coaches in America. And one last time for emphasis, Evan Cooper is one of the best defensive back coaches in America.

The kicker - A+

The last 3 kickers we've had that I trusted to make a kick were Timmy Bleekrode, Leadbelly waiter Matt Waldoch & Drew Brown. Barring an E.L.E. (extinction-level event, for the people who aren't Busts Rhymes fans) Tristan should be added to this list.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
This is even more stupid than their Matt Rhule contract take but it is nice of them to employ people with brain damage as writers.

Stretching from Sacramento, California to Palmyra, New Jersey, from Pierre, South Dakota to Miami, Florida, Nebraska signed 28 high school/JUCO players in the 2023 class. 28 players, 28 souls. I will now attempt to place a letter grade on each position group.

Quarterback - N/A

I was a huge fan of Massachusetts QB & one-time commit William Watson. Clearly the feeling wasn't mutual with the new coaching staff, thenceforth his flip to Virginia Tech. Matt Rhule briefly attempted to flip Gretna QB & Okie State signee Zane Flores, and made a run at South Dakota signalcaller & Ohio State signee Lincoln Kienholz. Neither budged.

I'm not necessarily angered by it either. Nebraska's got some Moby Dicks on the radar in 2024, mainly Bell West QB Daniel Kaelin, as well as our offensive line coach's nephew that everyone knows about.

I-Back - B
I was a MASSIVE Arnold Barnes fan & am quoted as calling him one of the best players in our class. It broke my heart when the staff didn't find the feeling mutual & he begrudgingly de-committed. It took me a long time to get over the grief.

Kwinten Ives was a deep sleeper prospect from New Jersey. His only other FBS offers were UConn & Temple. RB coach EJ Barthel offered him & recruited him while he was at UConn, and was clearly enamored with Kwinten, thus his recruitment and signing.

I was still heartbroken from the Arnold Barnes situation so I was a little salty at the time when he committed. Now that cooler heads have prevailed, I like Kwinten a lot. He has the frame of a wide receiver, but so did another Nebraska recruit whose playing style reminds me a lot of him: Maurice Washington. They're both electric players with the ball in their hands & a threat to score at any second. This is a great pickup.

Wide Receiver - A+++

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tight End - A
I was hurt when Ben Brahmer flipped from Nebraska to Cockeye State. You know when you go on a long road trip, get to your destination & have dead bugs all over your windshield & grill? That's what the Cockeye State Cyclones have been to the Nebraska Cornhuskers historically. I think the young man needs to be Baker Acted.

That's besides the point. We bounced back & nabbed Ismael Smith Flores from Arlington Martin High, down in Texas. It helped that we hired Bob Wager, his head coach, to the position that will be coaching him directly. Both of his parents attended the University of Cockeye, and his dad Leroy was the Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year in 1991 after tallying an unprecedented 18 sacks. He had an Cockeye offer, went there on an official visit, and the Cockeye Cockeyes claim to be TEU. The fact that we still got him is YUGE.

Offensive Line - C

Admittedly, I wasn't enthralled by any of our offensive line commits. I hope they all prove me wrong & I eat a fistful of crow. Mason Goldman & Jason Maciejczak have some traits that excite me.

Defensive Line - A+

Matt Rhule said that he was dedicated to development in the trenches. BOY DID HE PROVE HIMSELF RIGHT WITH THIS HAUL WE JUST BROUGHT IN!!!!!!!!!

Cam Lenhardt, Princewill Umanmielen, Riley Van Poppel, Vincent Carroll-Jackson & Kai Wallin all are AMAZING prospects & integral pieces to the redevelopment of the Blackshirts. I anticipate all of these guys terrorizing the nightmares of Big Ten offensive coordinators. Maverick Noonan & Sua Lefotu are great developmental pieces that should develop into great players as well. I'm already excited about Terrance Knighton's tenure here in Lincoln.

Linebacker - A

I am completely bewildered how Eric Fields was so underrecruited. You can quote this following message for the future:

I will be completely shocked if Eric Fields does not develop into an all-conference player & draft pick at Nebraska.

Rankings be damned, he is going to be one of the best defensive players in the Big Ten. You can save that, print it out & put it on your refrigerator door.

Dylan Rogers is a freak athlete & physically looks like a college senior already. He will be a major player in the not-too-distant future.

Secondary - A+++
Evan Cooper is one of the best defensive back coaches in America. Evan Cooper is one of the best defensive back coaches in America. Evan Cooper is one of the best defensive back coaches in America. Evan Cooper is one of the best defensive back coaches in America. Evan Cooper is one of the best defensive back coaches in America. Evan Cooper is one of the best defensive back coaches in America. Evan Cooper is one of the best defensive back coaches in America. Evan Cooper is one of the best defensive back coaches in America. Evan Cooper is one of the best defensive back coaches in America. Evan Cooper is one of the best defensive back coaches in America. Evan Cooper is one of the best defensive back coaches in America. Evan Cooper is one of the best defensive back coaches in America. And one last time for emphasis, Evan Cooper is one of the best defensive back coaches in America.

The kicker - A+

The last 3 kickers we've had that I trusted to make a kick were Timmy Bleekrode, Leadbelly waiter Matt Waldoch & Drew Brown. Barring an E.L.E. (extinction-level event, for the people who aren't Busts Rhymes fans) Tristan should be added to this list.
Its brave and beautiful that they have found a way to help husker fans who have suffered traumatic brain injuries engaged with the Big Red

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
If any son of a bitch from Corn Nation lurks this board this is literally the stupidest take on the situation that anyone could have produced and you have brought shame to your families.
It's not the dumbest article I've read (see Hy-Vee patking lot links). It is probably the dumbest in regards to the Rhule hire though.

Huskerforlife

Head Coach
Elite Member
Corn Nation posted an interesting article and I’m not sure I agree with it:

Column: Nebraska Penny-Pinching Forces Matt Rhule to Sue Carolina Panthers​

Husker AD Turd Alberts’s efforts to lowball the front end of Rhule’s contract has predictably litigious resuls.

————-

The Nebraska Cornhuskers hired former Carolina Panthers head coach Matt Rhule to great fanfare at the end of the 2022 college football season. Shortly thereafter, the contract details came out for Rhule’s pay structure and Husker Athletic Director Turd Alberts earned yet more praise for having an incentive-stacked contract that backloaded much of Rhule’s pay in what was an obvious effort to force the Panthers’s ownership to subsidize the salary of Rhule early in his new contract.

Predictably, the NFL franchise balked at the boldness of the contract structure and is now refusing to pay up. Next up in the order of inevitable events stemming from the new contract came yesterday in the form of what should have been an avoidable lawsuit by Rhule to force contract arbitration. Had Nebraska used its ample financial resources to structure its new head coach’s salary to be properly competitive among its Big Ten and Power-Five peers, Rhule would have likely not had to pursue litigation and the Huskers’ new head coach could focus his time on coaching and recruiting instead of a lawsuit.

The devil is always in the details and eventually a resolution will be sorted out, but not without first taking up enormous time and financial resources to pay a cadre of lawyers on both sides to argue things out. The situation was entirely avoidable, however, by Nebraska simply having offered a fair-market contract at the outset instead of low-balling the front end.

Over the past five fiscal years, Nebraska has averaged the 20th highest revenue of all Division I programs. In three years, the Big Ten media rights will approach almost $100 million per year in payouts to each member of the league. That will be just year four of Rhule’s contract, when he is slated to be paid $8.5 million. Yet, in his first year, Rhule is slated to make just $5.5 million, only the seventh highest-paid coach in the Big Ten based on 2022 salaries.

There is certainly nothing legally wrong with Alberts’s decision to structure Rhule’s contract such as he did. Rhule also signed off on the contract knowing that Carolina had certain requirements of him to seek a fair-market contract in a new job that would partially offset what Carolina owed him. Everyone involved are adults and did what was believed to be in their best interest.

At the end of the day, though, it is arguably yet another unnecessarily unfriendly look towards its head coach by Nebraska. The Huskers have more than enough money to even out Rhule’s contract such that his $75 million would be more evenly spread across the seven-year contract instead of back-loading it to pay $12.5 million in his final season under the new media rights sums.

Nebraska is a big boy in the Big Ten when it comes to revenue. Instead, Wisconsin, a historically stingy athletic department, will be paying Luke #2ndChoice $2.4 million more than UNL will pay Rhule in year-one. Thus we see Carolina refusing to pay-up likely under the argument that Rhule’s contract — with a school that just paid its last head coach $15 million to leave three weeks early — failed to meet their offset requirements and Rhule having to resort to filing suit to force arbitration.

For a program looking to repair its image in the college football world after 20 years of coaching carousels and terrible administrative decisions, it is yet another moment of self-flagellation because the North Stadium offices can’t get out of their own way.
Finally, an article against this guy's opinion:

Nebraska Football: No, the Huskers are not responsible for Matt Rhule’s Carolina Panthers lawsuit​

Husker Corner
by Oliver Vandervoort 20 hours ago Follow @itmeolliev
Head coach Matt Rhule of the Carolina Panthers looks on (Photo by Mitchell Leff/Getty Images)

Head coach Matt Rhule of the Carolina Panthers looks on (Photo by Mitchell Leff/Getty Images)

A rather odd argument sparked up around Nebraska football earlier this week.

One particular columnist apparently felt as though the Huskers’ “penny pinching” forced Matt Rhule to sue his former employer for money he was owed. Not only did the argument seem to be written by the owner of the Carolina Panthers, but it seemed to misunderstand just how severance pay works.

Perhaps the weirdest part of all claiming paying Matt Rhule more than $8 million a year was “lowballing” him simply because the contract was backloaded a bit.

The argument boils down to this: Did Turd Alberts “penny pinch” by structuring the new Nebraska football head coach’s contract the way he did? Was he being “unfriendly” by trying to force Carolina’s hand and actually pay the money they had agreed to pay him after they fired him five games into the 2022 NFL season?

I suppose it comes down to whether you think it was the responsibility of Turd Alberts and company to help Carolina. Jon Johnston over at Corn Nation apparently thinks it was.

I disagree. And just because Matt Rhule filed a lawsuit for the rest of the money he is owed by Carolina doesn’t not mean that Rhule thinks it was Nebraska’s responsibility either. One could in fact, leap to judgment that the fact that he took the job means that he felt the deal was more than fair.

Much like the man that Nebraska football fired in order to make room for Rhule, the former Temple and Baylor head coach could have sat this season out and simply earned tens of millions of dollars. As of now, that’s what it looks like Scott Frost is going to do.

While we can argue about whether or not the Nebraska football program should have structured Rhule’s contract differently or not, this particular part of the recent editorial stands out to me as the oddest of all.

For a program looking to repair its image in the college football world after 20 years of coaching carousels and terrible administrative decisions, it is yet another moment of self-flagellation because the North Stadium offices can’t get out of their own way.
It doesn’t appear as though many people beyond Johnston really tagged the Cornhuskers as the problem here. So the idea that the Nebraska football program can’t get out of its own way by structuring a contract that makes the most sense for them is an extremely odd take.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Finally, an article against this guy's opinion:

Nebraska Football: No, the Huskers are not responsible for Matt Rhule’s Carolina Panthers lawsuit​

Husker Corner
by Oliver Vandervoort 20 hours ago Follow @itmeolliev

A rather odd argument sparked up around Nebraska football earlier this week.

One particular columnist apparently felt as though the Huskers’ “penny pinching” forced Matt Rhule to sue his former employer for money he was owed. Not only did the argument seem to be written by the owner of the Carolina Panthers, but it seemed to misunderstand just how severance pay works.

Perhaps the weirdest part of all claiming paying Matt Rhule more than $8 million a year was “lowballing” him simply because the contract was backloaded a bit.

The argument boils down to this: Did Turd Alberts “penny pinch” by structuring the new Nebraska football head coach’s contract the way he did? Was he being “unfriendly” by trying to force Carolina’s hand and actually pay the money they had agreed to pay him after they fired him five games into the 2022 NFL season?

I suppose it comes down to whether you think it was the responsibility of Turd Alberts and company to help Carolina. Jon Johnston over at Corn Nation apparently thinks it was.

I disagree. And just because Matt Rhule filed a lawsuit for the rest of the money he is owed by Carolina doesn’t not mean that Rhule thinks it was Nebraska’s responsibility either. One could in fact, leap to judgment that the fact that he took the job means that he felt the deal was more than fair.

Much like the man that Nebraska football fired in order to make room for Rhule, the former Temple and Baylor head coach could have sat this season out and simply earned tens of millions of dollars. As of now, that’s what it looks like Scott Frost is going to do.

While we can argue about whether or not the Nebraska football program should have structured Rhule’s contract differently or not, this particular part of the recent editorial stands out to me as the oddest of all.

It doesn’t appear as though many people beyond Johnston really tagged the Cornhuskers as the problem here. So the idea that the Nebraska football program can’t get out of its own way by structuring a contract that makes the most sense for them is an extremely odd take.
Hahahahaha when you're getting dunked on by the chucklefucks at HuskerCorner that's when youve hit rock bottom

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds