Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Recruiting thread - race to signing day

It looks like he blew up his freshman year he was a preseason high school All-American for his sophomore year. It looks like most of his big offers came around then. So maybe his junior and senior season didn't match up with his freshman, sophomore hype? It's a transitional class and the coaches are coming into the recruiting game late so I'm sure they are willing to take a few more chances and Rhule is known for his player development so he and the other coaches must see something they can work with.

what concerns me is that Rivals currently lists him as 6" 185 - in that pre-season soph AA you posted he is 5'10" 185. Given that these self-reported measurables are often puffed up, it may be that he hasn't grown in 2.5 years (which is not good at that age obviously, as it suggests he won't grow more).

It could be he turned out to be too small for safety, and lacks the speed or hips to be a good CB, and so schools cooled on him.

Last edited:
what concerns me is that Rivals currently lists him as 6" 185 - in that pre-season soph AA you posted he is 5'1-' 185. Given that these self-reported measurables are often puffed up, it may be that he hasn't grown in 2.5 years (which is not good at that age obviously, as it suggests he won't grow more).

It could be he turned out to be too small for safety, and lacks the speed or hips to be a good CB, and so schools cooled on him.
Yeah having looked briefly at his Jr season Hudl film he does not look 6’ tall to me. If he is, he certainly doesn’t play like it.

what concerns me is that Rivals currently lists him as 6" 185 - in that pre-season soph AA you posted he is 5'1-' 185. Given that these self-reported measurables are often puffed up, it may be that he hasn't grown in 2.5 years (which is not good at that age obviously, as it suggests he won't grow more).

On3 and 247 have him at 5'10.5"- 5'11" 190-195. He might be a kid who matured early and blew up and like you said schools backed off as he got older. In his profile he already looks like he's in his 20s.

1670860226036.png

Tater Island and 247 have him at 5'10.5"- 5'11" 190-195. He might be a kid who matured early and blew up and like you said schools backed off as he got older. In his profile he already looks like he's in his 20s.

View attachment 17916

Sounds about right. He's from PA so you would think Rhule would have a good idea about this kid given his connections to the area. We'll see how it plays out after this weekend I guess. Kinda reminds of when bookie was listed at 5'11" when he was no taller than 5'8" or 5'9".

Pay whatever it takes.

Wolf Of Wall Street Fun GIF

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back