Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Quite the list for the next Head Ball coach (1 Viewer)

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I think Big 10 or SEC experience is important. And when I say Big 10 or SEC I mean....guys who are willing to play the recruiting game.

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
I hit 5 of these, can I interview?
  • Nebraska born and raised (#10)
  • Over the age of 50 (#11)
  • Available November 1 (#12)
  • Interested in a five year contract (#14)
  • No major NCAA violations (#4 - actually I have no NCAA violations whatsoever)
I will Make Nebraska Football Great Again

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
"Nebraska ties" always has to make the top 10
So many of our fanbase can't get away from thinking only a Nebraska person can succeed here. Sad how prejudice our fans are against outsiders.

The 2 names that probably check off the most of those boxes and can start before the season besides the TomFather are Urbs & Oregeron. Chris Peterson also checks a bunch of the boxes.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Orgeron situation (I don't believe he's a target, but he would certainly be the most "Nebraska-opposite" guy in school history). Written in October 2021. It sounds like he'd give up around $10M of the buyout if he took a job before now and final payment in 2025.

LSU will pay Orgeron his full buyout, $16.8 million, over the next four years. Orgeron will receive $5 million in December and two payments of $1 million each in 2022. The final payment is scheduled for 2025.

Under the agreement, Orgeron is still considered an employee of the university and must make at least one public appearance a year for LSU.

As a part of the agreement, Orgeron cannot seek any coaching opportunities in the SEC for 18 months. Orgeron said a press conference Sunday, Oct. 17, that he does not plan to coach next year.

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member
Orgeron situation (I don't believe he's a target, but he would certainly be the most "Nebraska-opposite" guy in school history). Written in October 2021. It sounds like he'd give up around $10M of the buyout if he took a job before now and final payment in 2025.

LSU will pay Orgeron his full buyout, $16.8 million, over the next four years. Orgeron will receive $5 million in December and two payments of $1 million each in 2022. The final payment is scheduled for 2025.

Under the agreement, Orgeron is still considered an employee of the university and must make at least one public appearance a year for LSU.

As a part of the agreement, Orgeron cannot seek any coaching opportunities in the SEC for 18 months. Orgeron said a press conference Sunday, Oct. 17, that he does not plan to coach next year.
No Nebraska ties, do not want.

Savedatmoney

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
I hit 5 of these, can I interview?
  • Nebraska born and raised (#10)
  • Over the age of 50 (#11)
  • Available November 1 (#12)
  • Interested in a five year contract (#14)
  • No major NCAA violations (#4 - actually I have no NCAA violations whatsoever)
I will Make Nebraska Football Great Again
Not #13?

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
So many of our fanbase can't get away from thinking only a Nebraska person can succeed here. Sad how prejudice our fans are against outsiders.

The 2 names that probably check off the most of those boxes and can start before the season besides the TomFather are Urbs & Oregeron. Chris Peterson also checks a bunch of the boxes.
Nick Saban was born and raised in Mobile Alabama, attended Bama, and hasn't held a coaching job other than at Alabama. You dumb sob

Savedatmoney

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Nick Saban was born and raised in Mobile Alabama, attended Bama, and hasn't held a coaching job other than at Alabama. You dumb sob
christmas vacation GIF

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG

Orgeron took his firing well. It’s hard not to like that crazy fucker.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds