Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Quick Hits Thursday Press Conference (2 Viewers)

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider

Frost on Thursday: 'I just want our guys to play stress-free'​

ByBRIAN CHRISTOPHERSON 2 hours ago

Two days from renewing an old rivalry, Scott Frost wants to see his Nebraska team let it loose on Saturday against an Oklahoma team that is favored by more than three touchdowns.

"We got a lot to gain and very little to lose in this game," Frost said after Thursday's practice. "So I just want our guys to play stress-free and not worry about anything, and just go attack. I think attack is the key word. We got to run at things as fast as we can and try to get after them and see where we land."

Frost said the good thing about games like this one is you're not trying to get yourself up at all for it, you're just trying to keep yourself calm.

"And that's a lot easier. I think the energy will take care of itself for Saturday."

Some Quick hits:

– "We got to be physical," the coach said of Nebraska's defense. "These guys are one of the best in the country on offense. One of the best in the country at creating big plays. Got to try to limit big plays."

Frost called Spencer Rattler "a gunslinger" who is fun to watch."He's got a lot of good guys to throw to."

On the other side of the ball, "I think we've got to give our quarterback time. We've got to mix it up real well. They've got a great team. We're fighting a little bit of an uphill battle with what they put on the field, but our kids are excited. They're excited to go down and test themselves against this team."

– Turner Corocran was tough on himself this week about his own play, but the left tackle has started only three games as a college player, and was coming back from an injury that limited most of his camp. He's a young guy with a big assignment on Saturday.

"Turner has a chance to be a special player. Missing pretty much all of camp didn't help him. I think he's just starting to get his legs under him. I'm glad we got him back when we did, so we got him some reps before a game like this."

– Frost didn't tip his hand on who might be available for the Huskers this week on the injury worry front. That includes Austin Allen. It was asked if that was a protocol situation since it was mentioned he had hit his head hard on the turf in the Buffalo game.

"I don't want to talk about injuries," Frost said.

One thing he's not factoring in is saving guys because this is a non-conference game and other important ones for this program immediately follow.

"If they're ready to go, we'll play them."

– There hasn't been a lot of worry about educating guys on the Nebraska-Oklahoma game this week. Preparing for Saturday takes priority.

"We might do something between here and the game," Frost said.

– Asked if he's talked with Husker athletics director Turd Alberts about more such Nebraska-Oklahoma games in the future, Frost said, "Everything's up in the air right now. Rumors swirling about alliances and everything, I think scheduling is going to have to wait and see where some of those things land."

– The Huskers aren't limited by a travel roster. That doesn't mean everyone is going, but Frost expects to take 85. "We still have to be able to fit on the plane.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
one theme i just can't get past in this HCSF regime is "no fear of failure." that was the mantra at UCF, his version of Row the Boat, and it just hasn't happened here. everyone on the field looks petrified to fail at all times. HCSF looks like he's on year 7 of his second presidential term. its about as tightly a wound sports team as i've ever seen. now we just snap our fingers and play "stress-free football" all of the sudden in year four? man, that would be shocking and nice.

Last edited:

NeAz

Linebacker
Elite Member
indignation-jump.gif

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
one theme i just can't get past in this HCSF regime is "no fear of failure." that was the mantra at UCF, his version of Row the Boat, and it just hasn't happened here. everyone on the field looks petrified to fail at all times. HCSF looks like he's on year 7 of his second presidential term. its about as tightly a wound sports team as i've ever seen. now we just snap our fingers and play "stress-free football" all of the sudden in year four? man, that would be shocking and nice.
Lincoln and NU football is a high pressure fish bowl. They know how bad they have performed, they know the 30+ year winning and championship history and these pressures have proven to be too much for the coaches, which trickles down to the players.

What they say publicly doesn't matter much, what they do on the field during games is all that matters. The level of play on the field has been far less than thee overall talent on the field. We should have a better record since Frost got here than we do (more like 22 and 13 than 14 and 21), we have truly been one of the worst P5 programs since Frost became HC. Seems like they can't just go out and play without game by game shooting themselves in the foot. Pressure is too much for them, even with the far lowered expectations at this point. They fail under pressure pretty much every single game.

Dunno how that changes besides new coaching staff, but no matter who is coaching, being able to play at NU which should come with higher expectations needs to happen. Little hope we can start doing that with Frost and Staff heading the charge.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds