Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Quick Hits Thursday Press Conference (1 Viewer)

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider

Frost, Huskers seeking more consistency against Fordham​

ByMICHAEL BRUNTZ 90 minutes ago

Nebraska head coach Scott Frost said Thursday that he felt his team received the message about focusing on details this week ahead of Saturday’s matchup with Fordham.

Earlier in the week, Frost mentioned needing to see more consistency in practice from younger players in the program following last week’s loss to Illinois.

“We had a pretty strong message for them on Monday,” Frost said Thursday. “Same message we had. A message about not making mistakes, about doing things right. About details. I thought the message really got through. Sometimes you can tell them all you want until something similar (to Saturday) happens, then you really have their ear.”

One group where Frost hopes to see more consistency is up front with the offensive line. The group wasn’t able to establish much dominance at the line of scrimmage against Illinois and struggled a bit at times with some of the Fighting Illini’s pass rush games.

“I want to see consistency up front,” Frost said. “When you watched the tape from Saturday, it was a bunch of plays where four guys got it right and one didn’t. We just have to be more consistent and having everybody healthy is going to help with that.”

Nebraska will be playing its first non-conference opponent in nearly two years, ending a streak of 18 straight games against Big Ten opponents. Frost said he’s eager to get younger players some work on Saturday.

“We have a lot of young guys who are on the cusp of giving us some more help and giving us some more reps,” Frost said. “We’re going to try to get a lot of guys in the game early and make plays.”

Quick Notes:

— Saturday’s home game will also mark the first time since 2019 that the Huskers will have visiting recruits on the sidelines. Frost said his staff is eager to be able to host players again in Memorial Stadium.

“Our best selling point is the fans and game day environment,” Frost said. “We can’t wait to see the fans again. It’s been a long hard year and a half. I’m thinking about Fordham and all the flooding going on up there. I’m hoping everything is smooth with them getting here. We can’t wait to be in the stadium with fans.”

— Frost said he’s eager to hear from Fordham head coach Joe Conlin about Fordham getting to Lincoln for Saturday’s game. Fordham was expected to travel to Lincoln on Friday, but severe flooding in New York City forced the campus to be closed down on Thursday.

kchusker1423

Linebacker
Elite Member
How can you preach consistency and not making mistakes when you don't model that behavior as a coach? Fuck, you threw out half your gameplan because you made mistakes in guessing what Illinois was going to do. As Bo Pelini once said, point the thumb, and take some fucking blame for once instead of throwing everyone else under the bus.

HuskerPAC

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Well we are consistent at consistently sucking ass. Maybe the message should be to consistently NOT suck ass. Problem solved.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
WellgroomedFragrantBarnacle-size_restricted.gif

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I really hate the negative connotations around the verbiage of “don’t make a mistake, don’t make a mistake, don’t make a mistake.” Preach the positives and focus on details and doing things right.

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member
I really hate the negative connotations around the verbiage of “don’t make a mistake, don’t make a mistake, don’t make a mistake.” Preach the positives and focus on details and doing things right.
i believe thats been the approach

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds