Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Purdue is open (2 Viewers)

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
Love big ten coaching searches. Here is how the search will go:

The initial search will zero in on Matt Campbell, who will take too long and eventually say no.

Dave Doeren will get a call because he's desparate to come back West, but will do the same after winning his bowl game.

Purdue will use the press to float the idea of Drew Brees and people will simultaneously love it and hate it. Jeff Saturday will fail spectacularly while this is happening and the Indy media will quash the idea on the basis of hiring unqualified alums.

The next three candidates will be Jim Leonhard, Ryan Walters, and Kane Wommack. Monkey Tits will interview but get a no. One of those three will get the job.

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Is Louisville a better job than Purdue?
it should be easier to recruit to, plus a worse conference to compete against. Brohm knows that making the Big 10 championship game is the best he can hope for and with the divisions ending soon that won't happen again

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Not sure who they will hire, but I am curious how many people will to rush to judge that whomever they hire is a way better than Rhule. Will be fun.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Oh good .... another coaching search that we can compare the hire, coordinators hires and assistant hires to Rhule's. That should make for some more wonderful butthurting posts to read for another 3 weeks.
You think Purdue has any interest in Rhule?

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
Is Louisville a better job than Purdue?

Depends on the coach. I don't think it's all that clear

Roster is marginally worse
Recruiting is better locally
NIL is better
Boosters are extremely involved
AD budget is going to be 50% or worse after 2024.

If you're Brohm it plays to your strengths. If you're Jim Leonhard for example it doesn't.

Huskers633

Cornerback
Elite Member
I know the pull of the alma mater. It surprises me that a coach would leave the B1G to got to an ACC school. Especially with how college football is evolving. Would Louisville be attractive to the B1G or SEC? Not near as much as some of the other schools in the ACC.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds