Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Preseason QB discussion thread

I think Adrian starts the season, but is on the shortest leash, also Luke will have designed plays for him and when the offense stalls don’t be surprised to see Frost swap QBs and go with the hot hand.

I do think when it’s Luke’s time to shine; he won’t give it back up.

Also I know it’s a shorten season, but would be nice to see a couple snaps by Smothers.

I also think we could be trying to hide things from OSU

As in Adrian is the starter? I’m I wrong or didn’t Lubick say something that Martinez was for sure the starter a couple months ago? I know things can certainly change, but always thought if any possible door was open for a change at starting QB that comment wouldn’t be made.

I don’t understand why frost is so keen on pointing out that Luke is NOT a WR. I’m all for him splitting out and getting the ball especially with how poor our WR production has been.

only thing I can think of is he was promised that he would not be moved positions when he came to Nebraska full time

My relative who goes to practices said that they’ve been taking almost equal reps from what he’s seen (only been with the team for a short while due to Warren shit). He thinks Luke has outplayed Adrian but also admitted he wanted Martinez benched last year so take it FWIW.

Said Adrian has a more live arm and makes some “wow” throws, but also said Luke looks more accurate on throws within 10 yards. Adrian will miss a couple easy throws and then drop a 45 yard dime the next play. Luke hits more swing and screen passes, but missed two wide open 25-4bombs to Betts and Falke that would have been easy touchdowns.

Says Adrian sometimes tries to force it to Kade Warner as his “safety valve” but Luke seem to check down to the tight ends and RB’s which are probably better check down options.

Adrian looks faster than he looked on TV last year but Luke looked much faster. Luke apparently ditches the pocket way too early on true drop backs and Verdu has been getting on him about it.

Also, this info is coming from a college kid who was a 2nd string tight end for his class C high school team, and I swear he doesn’t know his head from his ass most of the time. Loves football though

My relative who goes to practices said that they’ve been taking almost equal reps from what he’s seen (only been with the team for a short while due to Warren shit). He thinks Luke has outplayed Adrian but also admitted he wanted Martinez benched last year so take it FWIW.

Said Adrian has a more live arm and makes some “wow” throws, but also said Luke looks more accurate on throws within 10 yards. Adrian will miss a couple easy throws and then drop a 45 yard dime the next play. Luke hits more swing and screen passes, but missed two wide open 25-4bombs to Betts and Falke that would have been easy touchdowns.

Says Adrian sometimes tries to force it to Kade Warner as his “safety valve” but Luke seem to check down to the tight ends and RB’s which are probably better check down options.

Adrian looks faster than he looked on TV last year but Luke looked much faster. Luke apparently ditches the pocket way too early on true drop backs and Verdu has been getting on him about it.

Also, this info is coming from a college kid who was a 2nd string tight end for his class C high school team, and I swear he doesn’t know his head from his ass most of the time. Loves football though
Great stuff. Appreciate the info.

Feel free to be as vague as you’d like or not answer this question at all.....but what does your relative do to be able to get practice access?

Keep the info coming Kanye

giphy.gif

Reading between the lines it sounds like Luke might just win the job.

I think the same thing. My observations on Luke is that he's a football player - duh. There's something about a player that makes plays during the game. He's quick, fast and decisive. I listened to Greg Sharpe on Sports Nightly on the way home tonight, and his hints were rather strong and relevant. Almost as if they're greasing the wheels for a switcheroo.

I'd love to see AM ratchet it up a couple notches, but the tea leaves lead me to believe Caff will win the job.

Great stuff. Appreciate the info.

Feel free to be as vague as you’d like or not answer this question at all.....but what does your relative do to be able to get practice access?

this 💯the info is greatly appreciated and if you don’t feel comfortable sharing something just say so.

To add, in practice after the OSU game 2019 they received equal reps in practice. Prior to that AM split reps with Noah. I wouldn't base much on number of practice reps. However I do agree with the rest AM tends to force more throws, Luke goes through progressions and check downs more.

Last year Luke looked like a skinny 18 year old. This year he looks solid and put on some good weight.

Luke runs the read option so well that its always a surprise to other teams he's passing. Unless he's really improved in straight drop backs I can't see him being the full time number 1. Having said that I don't see why him playing a series or 4 every game would hurt. It makes teams at least somewhat gameplan for both qbs and gives Martinez a break from being beat on.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back