Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Positive highlights of 2020 (1 Viewer)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Got to spend a lot of time with family and friends this year. Tough to beat that, especially when you realize everyone is starting to get old. Summer in Minnesota. Singapore and Vietnam were awesome places to visit, back when we could still do stuff like that. War Museum in Seoul. Off Zoom and back in the classroom at the end of the year. On the cusp of starting up some research again. Can't really complain one bit.
What you researching playa?

Huskersballz

Running Back
Elite Member
Pretty good year for me. All the people saying 2020 sucked probably didn’t work hard enough.

-Graduated from DONU
-Started working full time making real money
-Bought house over the summer and renovated it, ARV +$20k or so
-Got investment advisor license
-probably fucked your mom

Goals for 2021
-Buy second investment property
-Pass level 1 CFA (and maybe level 2, but that’s looking more like early 2022)
-Fuck your mom

Blackshirts_Win_'ships

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
What you researching playa?
Impacts of girth on sideways anatomical features.

Actually not completely in jest...I have a theoretical physicist as a collaborator, so my role is primarily testing some of his theories experimentally. Related to vascular tissue engineering and dabble in a bit of cancer cell environment/migration and vascular dementia disease progression as well.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Impacts of girth on sideways anatomical features.

Actually not completely in jest...I have a theoretical physicist as a collaborator, so my role is primarily testing some of his theories experimentally. Related to vascular tissue engineering and dabble in a bit of cancer cell environment/migration and vascular dementia disease progression as well.
God that's fucking interesting.

The penis thing not the curing diseases

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Had our first kid and he’s awesome. Got promoted with a much larger raise than I was expecting. Moved back to the Good Life. Bought a new car for the family.

Some pretty real changes, all for the better.
Did you stay with the same company? I ask as a hopeful former east coaster who is trying to figure out how to get home.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Did you stay with the same company? I ask as a hopeful former east coaster who is trying to figure out how to get home.
I did. I’m in a somewhat unique situation though since my company is global with a lot of offices throughout the US. Technically I’m supposed to stay within 90 minutes of one and KC is a bit further than that, but I have enough leadership support at this point to get an exception.

The key for me was making sure that they don’t do any cost of living adjustments because of the move, so I’ll get to keep my NYC salary.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I did. I’m in a somewhat unique situation though since my company is global with a lot of offices throughout the US. Technically I’m supposed to stay within 90 minutes of one and KC is a bit further than that, but I have enough leadership support at this point to get an exception.

The key for me was making sure that they don’t do any cost of living adjustments because of the move, so I’ll get to keep my NYC salary.
That's great.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
  • Lived to see all the sunrises and sunsets in another calendar year
  • Got to celebrate the holidays with my family (albeit in masks in consideration of my 92 year old Dad)
  • Removed the final child from the payroll and helped relocate her to Scottsdale, AZ to begin her career as a Radiation Therapist
  • Had a very good - but not great - year financially as I correctly read the 'tea leaves' on the market's reaction to the pandemic and got out early, shorted it, and came back and reinvested. Fucked up hard and got "weak hands" and dumped some high flyers waaaaay to early (literally left $millions on the table), but still ended up the year with a net increase of 24.8% in my personal net worth.
  • Despite having several friends and my MIL contract the 'Rona, all survived and have either fully recovered or on the path to recovery. The MIL remains a medical challenge, but we're encouraged at the increasing probabilities that she will be able to return to independent living back at the family farm in MN.
To those who lost family and/or friends to the pandemic, my sincerest condolences. May 2021 be a year of recovery and joy for all of us.

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds