Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

PLEASE...explain it to me.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Listen, I get it...it’s a win against lowly Rutgers. I also recognize we had four turnovers and gave up a special teams touchdown. On top of that we saw all of our false start and holding penalties rear their ugly heads.

Given all that, we won this evening. It feels good. Yes, we are still shit in many aspects of the game. AND...can anyone explain to me the tater salad of peeps on the scrolls who seem unable to appreciate and just enjoy the win? Those that say, yeah we won...but no bowl game. We need to instead think about how bad our season has been and not get in the extra reps. RSS...tater island.

Time for bed...holy shit.

A lot of people like to be miserable. I'm about as miserable of fuck as you'll ever meet and I will certainly push back on the idea that tonight was progress in any way. But....

Nebraska won, so suck my butt
While I disagree with you on many things, I agree you are a miserable fuck, and I truly respect the fact that you own it.

What will it take for you to be happy?

I went over there and read the posts. There were a lot of positive posts. But there were definitely the Debbie Downers.

After the year we’ve had, I just don’t get why people can’t just enjoy the win. It was ugly, but those kids never gave up.

Martinez had four turnovers, but he hung in there and continued to make plays with his arm and his legs. He may lose the job next year, but tonight I hot to hand it to him. The kid has heart.

A big thing for me tonight was the second half. It’s the first game we outplayed the opponent in the second half.

I guess I’m a sunshine pumper tonight. But I’m going to enjoy a win and a team that kept fighting.

I went over there and read the posts. There were a lot of positive posts. But there were definitely the Debbie Downers.

After the year we’ve had, I just don’t get why people can’t just enjoy the win. It was ugly, but those kids never gave up.

Martinez had four turnovers, but he hung in there and continued to make plays with his arm and his legs. He may lose the job next year, but tonight I hot to hand it to him. The kid has heart.

A big thing for me tonight was the second half. It’s the first game we outplayed the opponent in the second half.

I guess I’m a sunshine pumper tonight. But I’m going to enjoy a win and a team that kept fighting.
Second half play matters.

I think it might have something to do with having watched yet another game of horrific coaching and a team that trips over it's own dick at every opportunity. Rutgers is absolutely terrible, playing with their back up QB and WRs who dropped a ton of passes and it was still a struggle

this game was to decide who the worst Big 10 team was, so I guess congrats, it's not NU

I think it might have something to do with having watched yet another game of horrific coaching and a team that trips over it's own dick at every opportunity. Rutgers is absolutely terrible, playing with their back up QB and WRs who dropped a ton of passes and it was still a struggle

this game was to decide who the worst Big 10 team was, so I guess congrats, it's not NU
At a minimum we’re better than Purdue Rutgers & penn st & I would argue Maryland too without a doubt. While that’s not good, it’s far from last . You could put Michigan & Michigan st behind us too without too much debate & after that you can start arguing . We’re a middle of the road B1G team. If we get out of our own way we could easily be a top 5 B1G team

At a minimum we’re better than Purdue Rutgers & penn st & I would argue Maryland too without a doubt. While that’s not good, it’s far from last . You could put Michigan & Michigan st behind us too without too much debate & after that you can start arguing . We’re a middle of the road B1G team. If we get out of our own way we could easily be a top 5 B1G team
If we played PSU again I doubt we win. Purdue is as soft as they come. I don’t see how you can say we are a middle of the road BIG team when we have never proven it to this point. We are one of the worst teams in the west. We always say if we do this or that but things never change. Here is a question why didn’t we run the ball like we did tonight against Minnesota? They were daring us to run the ball and they haven’t stopped it all year.

If we played PSU again I doubt we win. Purdue is as soft as they come. I don’t see how you can say we are a middle of the road BIG team when we have never proven it to this point. We are one of the worst teams in the west. We always say if we do this or that but things never change. Here is a question why didn’t we run the ball like we did tonight against Minnesota? They were daring us to run the ball and they haven’t stopped it all year.
You say we'd lose to Penn St today but thats like saying we'd beat Minn next week. Its pointless speculation. Middle of the pack record for a middle of the pack team. Not good enough to beat many teams without playing perfect but good enough to beat a few. Which is all we've done because we never play close to perfect.

A lot of people like to be miserable. I'm about as miserable of fuck as you'll ever meet and I will certainly push back on the idea that tonight was progress in any way. But....

Nebraska won, so suck my butt
Impressive command of the English language, son...... 😉

More importantly, we won......yes we did. 👍

You say we'd lose to Penn St today but thats like saying we'd beat Minn next week. Its pointless speculation. Middle of the pack record for a middle of the pack team. Not good enough to beat many teams without playing perfect but good enough to beat a few. Which is all we've done because we never play close to perfect.
I think we have enough talent to be a top 2-3 team in the west. Our coaching leaves a lot to be desired. We will see what staff changes Frost makes.

I think we have enough talent to be a top 2-3 team in the west. Our coaching leaves a lot to be desired. We will see what staff changes Frost makes.
I don't think our talent is much better than most. Look at our draft picks over the last several years.

I think its getting better but its not significantly different.

We beat those teams on the field , you can’t say they’re better than us when we beat them where it matters. Yes we are middle of the road based on teams we beat this season

I don't think our talent is much better than most. Look at our draft picks over the last several years.

I think its getting better but its not significantly different.
I don’t think we have the talent to compete with OSU or PSU most years, but we have enough talent to be the third best team in the west. We should be able to make a lower tier bowl game. Our recruiting classes are always at the top in the west. If Wisconsin wins today we will end up 5th in the west. That is unacceptable. We must not be developing the talent.

Last edited:

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back