Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Perplexed. (1 Viewer)

22*43*51

Punter Fluffer
Elite Member
Cockeye
I need some help here.

I used to just make fun of your fan-base for hanging your hat on female volleyball and Bowling sports.(because of obviously disappointing men’s sports.).

Now, I find myself a fan of a woman’s sport with a star that has a much larger name recognition than all of your Heisman Trophy winners combined.

(I’m nervous for when she wins a Gold Medal this summer.)

How do I calibrate her success eclipsing your entire athletic department’s history?

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
To feel embarrassed or jealous of something, there must be a ring of truth to it. Your argument that “Caitlyn Clark being in a bunch of commercials is way better than all the national championships you guys have ever won” fails that standard miserably.

Some player’s “name recognition” being better than our whole history? 😂🤣

Trolling used to mean something.

0/10.

Last edited:

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
women's sports are kind of rough overall, but basketball is the worst. it's like watching a Jr High boys game

while we're at it, can anyone explain how we have basketball and volleyball as two sports that strongly favor height and jumping and yet somehow all the hot ones end up playing volleyball?

22*43*51

Punter Fluffer
Elite Member
Cockeye
If I started a X poll between Caitlin and (Husker Heisman X) who would “X” be?

Because I’m gonna start that….

22*43*51

Punter Fluffer
Elite Member
Cockeye
I hate to be the one to break it to you, but women’s sports (if you can even call it that) almost entirely don’t matter outside of NU vb
Don’t tell the Volleyball/Bowling Fans.

22*43*51

Punter Fluffer
Elite Member
Cockeye
To feel embarrassed or jealous of something, there must be a ring of truth to it. Your argument that “Caitlyn Clark being in a bunch of commercials is way better than all the national championships you guys have ever won” fails that standard miserably.

Some players “name recognition” being better than our whole history? 😂🤣

0/10.
I was talking about name recognition.

Do you think the combination of your Heisman winners surpasses CC22?

22*43*51

Punter Fluffer
Elite Member
Cockeye

0/10.
It’s been ages.

You’re just old enough to remember.

22*43*51

Punter Fluffer
Elite Member
Cockeye
women's sports are kind of rough overall, but basketball is the worst. it's like watching a Jr High boys game

while we're at it, can anyone explain how we have basketball and volleyball as two sports that strongly favor height and jumping and yet somehow all the hot ones end up playing volleyball?
You’re on to something.

22*43*51

Punter Fluffer
Elite Member
Cockeye

0/10.
Sad.

Nobody under forty remembers that shit.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah, OP's troll is a blatant self-own of Cockeye's inferiority complex RE: Nebraska. Cockeye fans are going insane for Caitlin Clark, but even Cockeye fans wouldn't post something like this. It's an obvious self-own.

It's like a college kid who banged his first 20-yr old broad calling out Leo Dicaprio. "The chick I just banged is hotter than the 875 different Milan runway models you've banged!" Like, you're calling attention to the many ways Leo is superior to you. No rational person would talk shit this way. It's such an obvious self-own.

If an Cockeye fan actually did attempt to talk shit this way I would thank him for pointing out that Nebraska's football program is superior to his own. Completely unsolicited too.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds