Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Other games (2 Viewers)

stonesak

Wave goodbye now, it's time for you to go
It pains me to write this, but in that scenario, Texas should be in over Alabama. If head to head doesn’t matter, why play the game. Not only did they beat them, but they won in Tuscaloosa.
H2H is only one data point. Alabama has a better SoS, their loss is much better, and a much more impressive victory if they win today.

stonesak

Wave goodbye now, it's time for you to go
This is what will happen, but it's kind of amazing that the rationale will be that Bama gets in because beating Bama is not as impressive as beating UGA.
I actually think Texas gets in. Just playing Devil's Advocate.

Unless Bama blows out UGA. Then it gets interesting.

Reactions: Irv

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
Just got into this thread (temporarily). There are aged rib eyes to get seared in a few minutes.

I want Georgia to win...who else?
I’m rooting for Bama and total chaos. If FSU and Meatchicken win, maybe Texas gets in and the SEC is out for the first time ever since the playoffs.

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
I’m rooting for Bama and total chaos. If FSU and Meatchicken win, maybe Texas gets in and the SEC is out for the first time ever since the playoffs.
Been thinking about this. Too bad this isn't the 12 team playoff would be a fun year. Bama, Texas, and OSU all would seem to have decent arguments. I'd probably go with Texas (yuck) H2H win vs Bama and conf champ which OSU can't claim.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
sensible chuckle GIF

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
That would be amazing but it won’t happen. I actually think of bama wins then we see FSU and UT left out. The talking heads are going to hammer the “best four” argument and a 12-1, two time defending champion will come in at #4.

Fitzjess21

Cornerback
Elite Member
No way the committee leaves out the sec...I told someone earlier it just feels like a year that Bama wins the natty with 1 loss again.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
That would be amazing but it won’t happen. I actually think of bama wins then we see FSU and UT left out. The talking heads are going to hammer the “best four” argument and a 12-1, two time defending champion will come in at #4.
I don’t think so.

If Bama wins and FSU and Bitchigan wins, then it’s Bitchigan, Washington, Texas, and FSU

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
It will be hard to argue against 4 undefeated teams. I can also see if Cockeye wins one for Ferentz as his retirement gift and both GA and Bama get in should things stay the same. It will fun to see what happens.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds