Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

OT: Anyone hate their veterinarian? (1 Viewer)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
So what happens to all of the pets in this scenario?
secret tom cruise GIF

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG
I plead the fifth, but what I will tell you is that anyone who is not politically biased and knows anything about contagious diseases and animal science would tell you that shit works and millions of lives were lost because a vaccine is much more lucrative than ivermectin and similar drugs.
Lol

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Hey motherfucker I’m your vet you could have just left me a Google review instead of blasting me on here.

Season 9 Middle Finger GIF by Shameless

Just kidding, I’m not you vet, but I probably know who you are talking about.

That’s generally what you will get in West O, unfortunately. They are catering to the rich couple in Elkhorn who spent $4,200 on a Bernedoodle and won’t blink and eye at being gouged, not the guy who adopted middle-aged dogs.

I’d recommend going to a more rural vet. Not sure where you live but if you tell me in general, I could pass along some recommendations. Also, you tend to get more down-to-earth vets at a clinic that does both large and small animal.

General rule of thumb is that if your vet has been elbow deep in a hoofed animal sometime in the last week, he ain’t gonna gouge you.

Edit: also, during Covid, the vet I’m pretty sure you are talking about implemented a policy where you stay in your car, they take your dog in, do whatever they see fit, and bring you the dog and the bill when they are done. I get that a lot of vets did something similar and had to adapt during Covid depending on location, but they took it ridiculously far in the name of being “safe,” stole a lot of people’s money imo, and kept the policy in place for far too long after Covid.

Personally, I said fuck you to the health department and kept completely open, invited people in, and didn’t change a thing, and it was so worth it.
Fort Street Veterinarian?

I really don’t know their Covid policy since I got our Golden late summer in 2020 and finally got around to taking her six months later to them.

I’m off of 156th and Blondo and take our other dog and cat to Harvey Oaks. They’re just straight up, “yeah, they look good and seem to be in good health.”

My lab husky mix we took into them so I opened up with the joke that my dog has hearing loss because she doesn’t listen. “Nah, watch her tail. If it’s up, she’s in control and probably not listening to you.”

Yeah, I know.

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
We love our vet, R T Arndt Harvey Oaks Animal Hospital…great guy, loves our Rotties, they love him…can’t beat it

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
Have a cat with a weird skin irritation issue around her eyes. She also hates anyone that touches her in a way she doesn't approve and turns vicious. Three different vets and couldn't get out of a basic visit for under $250. The old clinic I went to close by closed down and went to a friend's suggested vet. I don't think I've ever spent more than $60 on a visit. More often than not, vets are absolutely overcharging you.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I have two senior dogs for years, both adopted around the ages of 5-8. We have one veterinarian for one dog who is our first and youngest, and they seem cool. A little bit further of a drive, but worth it.

Now the other veterinarian, who was a lot closer to my home in NW Omaha, was for my senior Golden Retriever who hates car rides. Now they are pieces of shit. Not how they treated my dog, but more like how they try to upsell everything.

The first hint was they stopped fulfilling any prescriptions, including heartgard, through Chewy, which I use for everything. They went with a different online pharmacy, which I imagine they get a cutback from using it. Then my last visit, they were 15 minutes late for my dog's checkup even though I was 15 minutes early. But a vet tech came out, retook my dog's information which they already should have had and then tried to upsell a vaccine for my dog I never heard of before. It's like, "dude, she's so skiddish to leave the house that she won't run into any issues being around standing water to catch this."

Then the vet actually came and tried to sell a few more procedures on me and pretty much said I really need to think about my dog's future health and I'm a PoS if I don't spend thousands on these procedures.

I know vets need money as a business, but I lose faith in them when they seem to be doing more to try to sell things to animal owners instead of just straight caring for animals.

Anyway, anyone else hate their vets?
Will you feel like a pos if your dog dies in a month from not getting a procedure the vet recommended?

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
Really like the real vets I've dealt with, the large animal vets. Guys work their butt off. When you come out to the barn at 4 in the morning to pull a calf and fix a prolapse, then they get my respect.

I just don't have the same respect for the folks that play around with cats and dogs. Small animal (pet) vets, I don't care for, work banker hours in comparison and over charge from what I've seen. Then again people are willing to pay for it, just hate profiting off of guilt.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Go to Rockbrook. Liked it better when Dr Ramm was still there (he's mostly retired). Still feel like they do a good job and aren't obscenely priced.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds