Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

One step closer to Matt Drinkall joining the staff… (2 Viewers)

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
For example Aranda (a lot of LSU ties now)
giphy.gif

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I don’t think he’d run the flex here. But even if he did..at the point..Nebraska should try anything
Yeah I've become so beaten down that literally all I want is something about the program to be fun/unique/interesting again. I have no illusions of becoming an actual national championship contender for the rest of my life. If this Monken fellow can make NU football fun in some way, whatever let's go for it.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I don’t think he’d run the flex here. But even if he did..at the point..Nebraska should try anything
It’s not that I care as much about the flex, which would be cool, but I want discipline and identity again. I thought we actually had somewhat of an identity last year, but discipline didn’t match it. Watching the Army football team is actually really enjoyable, because you know what you’re getting, and after 4 years I can’t the same about our program overall. Some things I can, some things no. I would hope that Monken would honor our past some offensively, but overall I want something disciplined, unique, and consistent. Which, to me, unique does mean something offensively that not many teams run

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah I've become so beaten down that literally all I want is something about the program to be fun/unique/interesting again. I have no illusions of becoming an actual national championship contender for the rest of my life. If this Monken fellow can make NU football fun in some way, whatever let's go for it.
Maybe I’m a Kool aid drinker but with what we are spending on NIL with a loser coach at this point it gives me a lot of hope if we land a good coach he will be able to get us back to some relevance. By relevance I mean competing for west titles every year.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Drinkall has a strong gif game too

So we are bringing in an Analyst that is known for his high scoring offenses yet we are using him as a Defensive Analyst? I hope I am reading that incorrectly. If not might be the most Frost Move ever that Frost has made.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
So we are bringing in an Analyst that is known for his high scoring offenses yet we are using him as a Defensive Analyst? I hope I am reading that incorrectly. If not might be the most Frost Move ever that Frost has made.
He was an offensive guy at Midland. Then moved in Defensive Quality Control at Army and I assume that's what he'll do at Nebraska.

Defensive Quality Control includes self scouting the defense. Which is a role an offensive guy would fill.

He did some coordinating on both sides of the ball at Kansas Wesleyan.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Some of the best offensive minds/coordinators are experts on defense. You have to be. Or how do you know how to attack them?

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Some of the best offensive minds/coordinators are experts on defense. You have to be. Or how do you know how to attack them?
I understand that thought process. Just thought we were excited about him because of the offensive knowledge he brought. Defense hasn't been our biggest issue. Offense and Special Teams have been the Achilles heal under Frost, well that and his overall coaching.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds