Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Okoboji (1 Viewer)

Mr.Bojangles

Offensive Lineman
Good eats at the Waterfront Grille and if you tip a bartender by the name of Carlos well at Barefoot then you'll get very generous pours...all I got.

Forgot Javi's for breakfast, in the run down VFW building and pretty decent...a lot of the locals go there as well.
Waterfront Grille has some good food plus Pirate Jack's is across the way a good place to sit and have a few on the water.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Are you looking for a fun way to spend an afternoon giving your children whiplash induced neck injuries?

Then come on down! (My brother and I once rode the coaster 7 times in a row without stopping because nobody else was in line so the operator just kept letting it run the cycle. When we finally got off my head was spinning and my brother puked up his corn dog bites)

maxresdefault.jpg

G0skrz

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Actually heading there next weekend and have been going there usually every summer since I was a kid. We used to stay at The Inn when it was right off the water.

For food Boji Store or Waterfront. Boji Store usually has live music out back on the weekends and good food and drinks. Tweeters has good food as well but its a Hawkeye bar. Ritz also has decent food and you're sitting right on the water. O'Farrel Sisters is good but as previously stated impossible to get in on Saturday or Sunday morning. Arrowhead Conference center has a pretty solid breakfast buffet. If you're looking for a nice sit down spot, Maxwell's in Arnold Park is solid.

Golf, I'd suggest Brooks or Emerald Hills. Brooks is 27 holes. Probably my favorite spot.

When on the water I'd suggest hitting up Barefoot and grab some drinks/lunch. Also gotta make your way to Miller's Bay. That's party cove. West shore of West Lake.

Nightlife I'd suggest staying around the downtown area near Arnolds park. A couple good spots. Portside is like a three level bar with a rooftop bar overlooking the lake. There's also Captain's Getaway that I believe does live music often. There's also a axe throwing bar around the corner if you're into that sort of thing. Also if you are all into golf you can always hit up the putt putt course right next to Arnolds Park.

If you're looking for a fun pool go to Bridge's Bay's pool. It's like 10 bucks to get in but they have a swim up bar and usually where all the bachelorette parties go to.

Sorry for the word vomit. Things just kept coming to mind. Haha. Have fun!

Last edited:

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
No room. Plus they're probably dead all winter. It's good food. Isn't worth a 2 hour wait though.
It's a nostalgia trip for me. Been going to Okaboji since I was a kid and O'Farrell Sisters was a tradition, at least before the marinas took over everything. I still stop in every time I'm up there.

I know a lot of old school residents on Des Moines beach were not happy but goddam their property value has skyrocketed.

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG
Bachelor party weekend tomorrow through Sunday for my brother-in-law. A bunch of the guys in the group have been there before so I’m sure they have ideas of what to do and where to go. Golfing tomorrow. Boating Friday and Saturday. Out drinking Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

Anyone been? Any recommendations?

Side note, of course my kids got me sick this week. Fevers, chills, body aches. Nothing booze can’t kill I’m sure.
Nothing makes a party more fun than Rona 2023 shared between friends

Huskers4420

Linebacker
The best way to spend Boji is quick stops at Barefoot during day/while boating (expensive drinks but great atmosphere) and Broadway Street bars at night (Captains, Nautical, Murphy's, Gardens, etc). Also, recommend not eating at Barefoot. Only drinks. Eat at Okoboji Store if you're patient enough to get a table. The Ritz and The Gardens also have decent food while overlooking the lake, despite the typical wait.

Or if you have no dinner standards, just get Pizza Ranch or Godfathers Pizzas to go, eat at the place while slamming some cheap brews on the dock, and then head out to the bars.

Should be good weather up there this week. Enjoy!

bbenson67

Cornerback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Are you looking for a fun way to spend an afternoon giving your children whiplash induced neck injuries?

Then come on down! (My brother and I once rode the coaster 7 times in a row without stopping because nobody else was in line so the operator just kept letting it run the cycle. When we finally got off my head was spinning and my brother puked up his corn dog bites)

maxresdefault.jpg
I lived in Estherville which is about 15 minutes away, 4th through 8th grade 1958-1963. Quite a change from Lincoln but that Arnolds Park venue was pretty darn nice to have in such close proximity. Spent a lot of times at friends lake front cottages in the summer time.

I don't know if it's still there but the Roof Garden was a world class venue. I saw Bobby Vee, Bobby Vinton and Roy Orbison there which is quite something for a dink town in Cockeye. Lots of great memories from days gone by.

11husker23

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Survived night 1. Out in Arnold’s Park. Boji nights was terrifying. Got a random free concert from the Josh Abbott Band so that was badass! Boating today. Cool place!
Scared boji nights boners are a right of passage.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds