Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Oklahoma has state of the art nutrition program for football (oreo pancakes) (1 Viewer)

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

Oklahoma OL Savion Byrd over 300 pounds thanks to Oreo pancakes​

George Stoia•about 19 hours
Article written by:
On3 image
George Stoia
GeorgeStoia
(Kevin Jairaj/USA TODAY Sports)
Savion Byrd has been a regular at Carol’s Kitchen in Norman for the last month or so.
The Oklahoma guard has been trying to put on weight this summer ahead of the 2023 season. And he’s been eating Carol’s Kitchen’s Oreo pancakes to help him get over 300 pounds. On Tuesday, he weighed exactly 305 pounds – 23 pounds heavier than what he weighed in the spring.
“It’s real good, y’all,” Byrd said with a smile Tuesday, talking about his weight. “I’ve been in hog heaven.”
Byrd said his diet has been tough to maintain, adding nearly 600 calories to his daily caloric intake. At points this summer, he was eating nearly every hour. After a while, he found it easier to stick with it. And he’s found some of his favorite places to eat – from pancakes at Carol’s to nacho fries at a Taco truck on Lindsey Street.
“Eat anything I can put my hands on. I’ve been feeling bad because I feel like I’ve low-key been getting an eating disorder,” Byrd said. “Putting on the weight was the hardest thing. Because I felt like I was just forcing myself to eat. But staying consistent – it just kind of works itself out. After a while, you’re just like, I’m hungry as s***. Let’s go eat.”

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds