Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official prediction thread Nebraska vs Maryland (1 Viewer)

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
We've struggled all year against good QBs which really makes me want to pick Maryland.
Be that as it may
DONU 24, MD 17

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
Maryland averages in Big Ten Games:

26 ppg
30 points allowed per game.

357 yards per game
387 yards allowed per game.

3.25 yards per carry
17 sacks allowed in their last 4 games.

4.0 yards per carry allowed

Rushing Team Rankings faced by Maryland:

Towson - 50th in the FCS
Charlotte - 81st
Virginia - 102nd
Michigan State - 116th
Indiana - 114th
Ohio State - 90th
Illinois - 97th
Northwestern- 120th
Penn State - 42nd

Nothing wrong with expecting a Husker loss. They are flawed team that commits far too many turnovers. But those of you expecting Maryland to score 30+ points and beat Nebraska by 2 to 3+ scores are being a tad too emotional in your reaction to the Michigan State loss.

- Maryland's offense has been very average vs. Big Ten opponents, and Nebraska's defense is going to give them major fits.
- Maryland has really struggled to run the ball and protect their QB over the last month.
- Their biggest defensive strength is their pass rush, which has been neutralized lately by teams that were able to commit to the run.
- Their actual Kicking game is atrocious. Although, their punter is pretty damn good.
- Maryland has been awful vs. QB Run game all year. Northwestern's Brendan Sullivan had 60 yards on 15 carries vs. the Terps. That dude runs like my grandmother.

Roman Hemby is a terrific RB for Maryland, but Locksley often takes the ball out of his hands and panics when adversity strikes. He's only had 29 touches during their 4 game losing streak. Dude was a 1,000 yard rusher last season.

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member

26 ppg

357 yards per game

3.25 yards per carry

Towson - 50th in the FCS
Charlotte - 81st
Virginia - 102nd
Michigan State - 116th
Indiana - 114th
Ohio State - 90th
Illinois - 97th
Northwestern- 120th
Penn State - 42nd

Nothing wrong with expecting a Husker loss. They are flawed team that commits far too many turnovers. But those of you expecting Maryland to score 30+ points and beat Nebraska by 2 to 3+ scores are being a tad too emotional in your reaction to the Michigan State loss.

- Maryland's offense has been very average vs. Big Ten opponents, and Nebraska's defense is going to give them major fits.
- Maryland has really struggled to run the ball and protect their QB over the last month.
- Their biggest defensive strength is their pass rush, which has been neutralized lately by teams that were able to commit to the run.
- Their actual Kicking game is atrocious. Although, their punter is pretty damn good.
- Maryland has been awful vs. QB Run game all year. Northwestern's Brendan Sullivan had 60 yards on 15 carries vs. the Terps. That dude runs like my grandmother.

Roman Hemby is a terrific RB for Maryland, but Locksley often takes the ball out of his hands and panics when adversity strikes. He's only had 29 touches during their 4 game losing streak. Dude was a 1,000 yard rusher last season.
I was about to post in this thread asking someone to cheer me up because I am 95% sure we lose.

I appreciate the post but this is the stat that matters the most to me and it doesn't make feel better.

Maryland - 26 ppg in BIG play.

Rhule and White are lamenting the fact that the D gave up some big plays on bust coverages. There were what, 3-4? That's all a team that can move the ball needs because our offense is lifeless.

Haarberg playing tough was the only way this team was getting anything done on O and he looks like a shell of what he was 3 weeks ago.

Gosh damn do I want them to get the W and go bowling.

GBR

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
I was about to post in this thread asking someone to cheer me up because I am 95% sure we lose.

I appreciate the post but this is the stat that matters the most to me and it doesn't make feel better.

Rhule and White are lamenting the fact that the D gave up some big plays on bust coverages. There were what, 3-4? That's all a team that can move the ball needs because our offense is lifeless.

Haarberg playing tough was the only way this team was getting anything done on O and he looks like a shell of what he was 3 weeks ago.

GBR

You just going to gloss over the fact that they're giving up points on par with Purdue in league play? They've played two top 50 defenses, and they're averaging 16 PPG vs those teams. They will score 14 to 17 tops on Nebraska.

If Nebraska loses it will be do their own undoing in close fashion. Our fanbase needs to stop making our opponents into something they're not.

Last edited:

straightoutta308

This Gen sucks.
Elite Member

GBR
Iā€™ll help a little bit too. Agree with your thoughts that teams may only need a handful of big plays against us but MSU got one on a RB/WR pass that we were inches away from knocking down as he threw (and the pass landed dead on the money somehow).

Then they got another ā€œexplosiveā€ play as a TD that should have been ruled incomplete.

They kinda threw the kitchen sink at us while on offense in desperation (ran another trick play that was unsuccessful) and to their credit, it worked, but they still only scored 20.

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
You just going to gloss over the fact that they're giving up points on par with Purdue in league play? They've played two top 50 defenses, and they're averaging 16 PPG vs those teams. They will score 14 to 17 tops on Nebraska.

If Nebraska loses it will be do their own undoing in close fashion. Our fanbase needs to stop making our opponents into something they're not.
We average 17 PPG in BIG play.

Havoc34

Clit Commander
Elite Member
Baby Tua throws for 300 but we muddy this one up and make it close. That being said MD 27 NU 24

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Iā€™ll help a little bit too. Agree with your thoughts that teams may only need a handful of big plays against us but MSU got one on a RB/WR pass that we were inches away from knocking down as he threw (and the pass landed dead on the money somehow).

Then they got another ā€œexplosiveā€ play as a TD that should have been ruled incomplete.

They kinda threw the kitchen sink at us while on offense in desperation (ran another trick play that was unsuccessful) and to their credit, it worked, but they still only scored 20.
I imagine Maryland will come out and attack the D through the air which has been the one weakness, big pass plays. Throw in a mobile QB off script and that spells disaster. Now I only see them scoring 20-30 but I don't trust the offense to win a game like that.

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

Alante Brown with the throw of the day against DONU. Unreal.

straightoutta308

This Gen sucks.
Elite Member
I imagine Maryland will come out and attack the D through the air which has been the one weakness, big pass plays. Throw in a mobile QB off script and that spells disaster. Now I only see them scoring 20-30 but I don't trust the offense to win a game like that.
You may be spot on and I agree if they do. I suppose Iā€™m hopeful and feel a little more confident having watched Whiteā€™s press conference this week. He said he needed to be more aggressive with his calls and let the guys make plays. Hopefully weā€™ll get some stops or TOā€™s early with that and be able to play with a lead to get them on their heels.

I guess I just feel like when most anyone on the staff says they are going to do something or they take credit for something like this, it tends to get done/fixed (outside of the obvious debates we have here every week, nobody come at me on that stuff lol).

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member

It really felt like they made this game their Super Bowl. Embarrassing really. Almost as embarrassing as losing to them.

team america vomit GIF

Mr.Bojangles

Offensive Lineman
It really felt like they made this game their Super Bowl. Embarrassing really. Almost as embarrassing as losing to them.

team america vomit GIF
Agreed. Especially since they made it their senior day when they still have a home game with Penn state. Great we are now the team that everyone trys to schedule for homecoming. šŸ¤¦

skersker

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member

26 ppg

357 yards per game

3.25 yards per carry

Towson - 50th in the FCS
Charlotte - 81st
Virginia - 102nd
Michigan State - 116th
Indiana - 114th
Ohio State - 90th
Illinois - 97th
Northwestern- 120th
Penn State - 42nd

in this case

maryland 41

NU 10

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds