Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official 2024 Other Games Thread

I was wondering that too. Kind of genius. Gave them 5 yards. Still out of FG range. Took 4 seconds off the clock.
I just assumed it went back to 10. When he slid and they said the game was over I'm like....he's still got at least two seconds left. Had to go back to see they only started that play with 6 seconds on the clock.

I just assumed it went back to 10. When he slid and they said the game was over I'm like....he's still got at least two seconds left. Had to go back to see they only started that play with 6 seconds on the clock.
I noticed the 6 before the snap and was wondering if Lanning did that on purpose. Nobody was trying to get off the field. Wonder if Howard thought it was still 10 too.

I was wondering that too. Kind of genius. Gave them 5 yards. Still out of FG range. Took 4 seconds off the clock.
I just rewound. There was 10 seconds on clock. Howard threw incomplete pass and there were 6 seconds left. Penalty was called but clock stayed at 6 seconds. Don’t know if click should have been reset or not. Someone smarter than me can hopefully weigh in

I am sure we will see a rule change on that in the offseason. Not that I think Oregon did that on purpose, but teams could run 12 men out and purposefully burn clock in these end of game situations.

Hell of a game, and props to Lanning for getting his team right after looking bad the first couple games.

I come away feeling better about how we match up vs. OSU than I did going into the game.

If we get Hill back, Ceyair keeps playing like he is, and het Buford back to safety like he was last year, we might be able to at least slow them down. It will be a mismatch but not as bad as we first imagined.

Howard is a good, but not great QB. Not much of an upgrade over McCord. More athletic and flashy but doesn’t manage the game as well. IMO, you put some middle of the road B1G QB like Luke Altmyer on the OSU roster and he has just as good of numbers. Altmyer is probably better actually.

If we can ugly it up, get a little pass rush, and turn them over once or twice, it might be a closer game than we thought.

Going into the game, OSU was 4th nationally in pass defense but they were exposed. That’s what happens when you play Akron, WMU, Marshall, MSU, and Cockeye to start the year. Raiola will easily be the 2nd best QB they have faced this year.

Game plan:
1. Shorten the game. Bleed clock.
2. Run early and often. Set up play action.
3. Play action yolo bombs. Might connect on 1-2 if lucky.
4. Back shoulder throws to draw them into PI calls. Frustrate them. Make their buttholes pucker.
5. Anything in opponent territory between the 10-40 yard line is 4-down territory.
6. Blitz from anywhere and everywhere. They can sink and dunk us all day if we play it safe, and they’ll still get loose a few times. Bring Hill on a CB blitz. Walk Gifford up. Let James Williams feast. We’ll give some stuff up but Will Howard showed tonight he can’t deal with pressure and is a little bitch. Make his life hell.

Prediction: 27-24, Huskers.

Also we didn't get a very good angle on the OPI. He definitely pushed off but the ball would have had to be in the air for that to be OPI correct? It might have been. I didn't see one way or the other.

Also we didn't get a very good angle on the OPI. He definitely pushed off but the ball would have had to be in the air for that to be OPI correct? It might have been. I didn't see one way or the other.
I didn’t catch it either

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back