Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official 2024 Nebraska Cardiac Beaver Slayers Baseball Thread (40-22)

Robin Williams What Year Is It GIF
I don’t think Ryan field had stadium lights either. Surely the new stadium will

And have a 5 week season?

Nope. Push everything back so it goes into the last part of July or the first part of August.

Purely for selfish reasons of course. If baseball started now and ended when I proposed it to it would fill up the reason of the dead time between basketball and football season.

I've been curious about this listening in here and there. Do they ever just decide to do something like a double header today when they know there's a chance of games being cancelled over the weekend? I'm sure there's a reason, but it doesn't make sense to me if you can insure you get the games in.

Both sides have to agree to it. Bolt is pretty well known for wanting to play, regardless. He's good with 2 games during the week, but more bullish during the week to play 3 if we already have a different weekday game scheduled. I'm not sure any coaches are for 3 weekday games to be honest with you.

Nope. Push everything back so it goes into the last part of July or the first part of August.

Purely for selfish reasons of course. If baseball started now and ended when I proposed it to it would fill up the reason of the dead time between basketball and football season.
Yeah, I get that it would be nice from a fan perspective but college students need a summer.

Yeah, I get that it would be nice from a fan perspective but college students need a summer.

These kids take a week and then go play summer ball after they’re done with their season though. I know that’s a bit less structured, but it’s still not really a summer in the traditional sense.

These kids take a week and then go play summer ball after they’re done with their season though. I know that’s a bit less structured, but it’s still not really a summer in the traditional sense.
Believe me, I know. I've done it lol. Summer ball is far less structured and also gives you the chance to get off campus and separate from school for a bit.

Summer ball exists primarily for the extra reps, so if you shift the college season into summer then kids lose a month of reps at least.

This announcer has done literally no research on Nebraska's season so far. Just said the reason Sears is getting hit well today is because we haven't faced tough competition in the non conference season.
Yup it’s like they didn’t look up our SOS or RPI……. And he overvalued the BIG baseball quality by essentially saying it was so much better than the “mid majors” we played so far this season.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back