Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official 2024 Nebraska Cardiac Beaver Slayers Baseball Thread (40-22) (9 Viewers)

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider
With today's win, we're 22-16 against RPI top 100 teams. I think 6-2 against RPI top 50 teams, with the 2 losses Oklahoma & Maryland. That's 38 of the 56 games we've played. (Good thing). A year ago, all these 38 games were considered Q1 (1-50) or Q2 (51-100) but this year they're not.

Indiana will add to the total. So will Illinois, Michigan & Penn State if we get to Sunday, which IMO isn't likely.

2023 we were 8-9 against the RPI 100. 17 of the 57 games (🤢). Remember before our season started I mentioned this schedule is much tougher on paper and thankfully it came true.

SEC Network during the SEC tournament games is why I bring this (RPI top 100) up. They've talked non-stop about this for 3 days. They say it's how their teams continue to dominate hosting (besides ridiculously talented). They play so many top 100 games it keeps their RPI's high. See Auburn as the example; 14-23 v RPI top 100 and their RPI is currently 49. 😂 Oh, and that's with 2 Q4 losses.

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider
Swansen making me eat crow and I'm here for it. He's finally not chasing the low and away off speed pitches.

Nah, you had valid reasoning.

Like previously said though, he was barreling some balls up down the stretch.

Regular season
13-60, 5 BB, 18 K, 1 2B, 1 HR, 6 RBI's

B1G tournament
7-12, 1 BB, 2 K, 3 2B, 2 HR, 7 RBI's

Bolt saw something, and we needed an offensive jolt from someone. .295 with 18 dingers a season ago is no joke.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
I'm tapping the party ball boys!!

Can't be jinxing the home team.
Party Ball 🤣.

star wars GIF

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds