Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official 2023 Nebraska Baseball Thread (3 Viewers)

Ironwardog

Linebacker
Elite Member
I think this qualifies as a reason to fire Bolt for cause.
Bolt is NOT going to tolerate this poor pitching. He will make changes, either throwing our pitchers to the portal or making Christie move on. Most likely a combination of both and Childress will become our pitching coach (if he doesn’t want another HC job). Either way I feel confident in Bolt continuing to improve and not just keep his buddies on staff just because they are friends. We are definitely better this year than last year but it is very frustrating to waste this offense with Anderson and Matthews with a below average pitching staff.

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider
Bolt is NOT going to tolerate this poor pitching. He will make changes, either throwing our pitchers to the portal or making Christie move on. Most likely a combination of both and Childress will become our pitching coach (if he doesn’t want another HC job). Either way I feel confident in Bolt continuing to improve and not just keep his buddies on staff just because they are friends. We are definitely better this year than last year but it is very frustrating to waste this offense with Anderson and Matthews with a below average pitching staff.

You're going to fire a pitching coach with the #41 ERA, #8 WHIP, #18 BB/9 and a .230 BA?

Tough crowd. Our offense shit the bed then woke up when it didn't matter.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
You're going to fire a pitching coach with the #41 ERA, #8 WHIP, #18 BB/9 and a .230 BA?

Tough crowd. Our offense shit the bed then woke up when it didn't matter.
We will win the next two

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
You're more optimistic that me for this weekend. Had someone told me Brecht wouldn't go past 4, while walking 7, I'd of bet a couple sodas we'd win easily tonight.

I’m with you. Really disappointed in this team and it’s going to be tough to project it in the NCAA tournament if it loses two of three here.

15 strikeouts, 4 - 19 with runners on base , 0 - 2 with bases loaded, 2 - 7 with runners on third and less than 2 outs. We literally received 13 free passes to first base and only scored 6 runs.

Evans, Fischer, Anglim, and Caron couldnt make contact with anything that slides or curves.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds