Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official 2023 Nebraska Baseball Thread

Do you guys think we will lose another game this year

absolutely fucking not no way GIF

I’ve been ridiculously busy lately, but I might take on a side project and do some extended analytics for college baseball and see where our guys rank, etc.

So it’s no secret that one guy I like is Max Anderson, and a guy I’ve never really bought into is Brice Matthews.

I did a very surface level dive into Brice’s offensive game and found that he breaks the matrix.

Slashline this year:

.323/.462/.581

Those are great numbers. But the one that is insane to me is that in 31 plate appearances he’s struck out 14 times for a K rate of .452. That is insanely high and without doing any research I’d say is likely in the top 1/4 of the conference if not the country.

So why is that matrix breaking?

His OBP is .462 and his K rate is .452. How?????? That’s an insane stat that not many people can boast.

He’s doing well when he hits the ball. What we need him to do is turn some of those strikeouts into walks.

I’ve been ridiculously busy lately, but I might take on a side project and do some extended analytics for college baseball and see where our guys rank, etc.

So it’s no secret that one guy I like is Max Anderson, and a guy I’ve never really bought into is Brice Matthews.

I did a very surface level dive into Brice’s offensive game and found that he breaks the matrix.

Slashline this year:

.323/.462/.581

Those are great numbers. But the one that is insane to me is that in 31 plate appearances he’s struck out 14 times for a K rate of .452. That is insanely high and without doing any research I’d say is likely in the top 1/4 of the conference if not the country.

So why is that matrix breaking?

His OBP is .462 and his K rate is .452. How?????? That’s an insane stat that not many people can boast.

He’s doing well when he hits the ball. What we need him to do is turn some of those strikeouts into walks.
Isn't that kind of what baseball is nowadays? Boom or bust?

For context, that would equate to about 270 strikeouts over a standard mlb season, which would shatter the all time record.

He’s made 21 outs this year heading into today and 14 of them are by way of strike out. So he’s hitting the ball fine. But when he makes an out it’s more than likely a strike out.

Just an amazing stat.

I don’t think he slugs what he’s slugging now over a full year and I don’t think he stays at 45% K rate. I will say though that strikeouts have absolutely been a struggle for him. That’s not new.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back