Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Not trying to be a jerk... (2 Viewers)

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
but does anyone over at Husker online ever report anything? Like, ever? Mongo mentioned there's going to be a commitment tonight and goes with Nebraska. Then immediately flips and says it's Miami because other future casts say so.

I think that staff needs a kick in the nuts and needs to be called out for the little that actually gets brought to that board.

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member
Not to be a Dean Defender, but I do think it’s really hard in the current media environment. These guys are basically completely dependent on the athletic department for whatever access they actually do get, so they can’t risk getting cut off by reporting info the team doesn’t want to get out.

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Not to be a Dean Defender, but I do think it’s really hard in the current media environment. These guys are basically completely dependent on the athletic department for whatever access they actually do get, so they can’t risk getting cut off by reporting info the team doesn’t want to get out.

Deans source of info/spin doctor left with Gerrod L’s departure.

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
I just don't buy this. Outside of Robin, does anyone else over strike you as a hard worker?

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Really says something when me and TrueColors agree on something.

I try to consider everything that a situation entails before making a call.

For example, they’ve had to contend with:

1) A staff that doesn’t trust the media
2) No official visitors that they can follow up with and get stories from or a read on where they’re leaning
3) No camps or other events
4) A staff that has a lot of members that work under the radar
5) Very limited access to the staff

All that being said, 24/7 has found a way to bring quality stuff to the table despite all the same circumstances. We at TPB are currently putting out a better product than they are and that’s not really even up for debate at this point. I know that our stuff makes it’s way over there and I can’t say the same about their stuff making it over here.

I don’t find the “Gerrod Lambrecht has always controlled what stuff gets reported” line really valid either. I know exactly where 24/7 gets most of their stuff and it doesn’t have to go through GL before they report it. So if rivals truly is hamstrung by GL then 1) that issue shouldn’t be presented moving forward 2) They’ve been going about this all wrong.

Bottom line, Rivals is a very sad shadow of what it use to be. The message board community is the only thing that’s keeping it up and that is easily duplicated as we’ve proven here.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
This is why I can't help by hurl whenever Dean comes up with some excuse on why the news has been dry over there.

24/7 has been absolutely taking rivals to pound town and it’s not up for debate.

At the end of the day as well, business doesn’t care about the circumstances surrounding why you’re not getting it done. You either get it done, or you go under.

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
24/7 has been absolutely taking rivals to pound town and it’s not up for debate.

At the end of the day as well, business doesn’t care about the circumstances surrounding why you’re not getting it done. You either get it done, or you go under.
And another thing. The amount of grammar errors in rivals articles is just nuts.

dsbigred1

Quarterback
tPB OG
but does anyone over at Husker online ever report anything? Like, ever? Mongo mentioned there's going to be a commitment tonight and goes with Nebraska. Then immediately flips and says it's Miami because other future casts say so.

I think that staff needs a kick in the nuts and needs to be called out for the little that actually gets brought to that board.
WTF are you talking about OP?!? Deano was just bragging about (in the chat) how well they've been doing with coverage, and are super proud of Abby's observations during the open sessions of practice.
Attaboy GIF by Jomboy Media

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
It may not be, but it made me happy imagining Dean being at Gerrod L’s mercy and having to tow his company line.

Im the type of guy in business where if I could jab a stake through my competition’s heart I would do it and go home and sleep like a child. Having said that, if GL was Dean’s guy and Dean didn’t inform GL of where TPB gets it’s information while he had the chance he missed a large opportunity. That’s what I would have done if I were him. Sorry, it’s just business.

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG

247 regularly produces much more original content, and much more recruiting info. RSS consists of Dean, Robin, and the Intern who do the "reporting", Mike, who like the Wizard of Oz...man behind the curtain, and Mongo, who lives in Texas and is usually way wrong on most predictions. I genuinely love that site!

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds