Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

No Block, No Rock (1 Viewer)

huskermack

Offensive
Elite Member
tPB OG
I wish these kids would just do what they're being coached to do (allegedly).
Block AND blow our minds with freak-show catches/routes/TDs/whatever.

Why can't we have both? They're both important.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Is this the dumbest fucking saying/philosophy Frost has in regards to WRs.

How about, No Rock for your freak WRs that can actually catch a deep ball, No Job for Frost.
Was thinking the same thing when he said that. He also said this is the best receiving corps he's had since they've been at Nebraska.

Well how about fucking playing them then!?!?

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Was thinking the same thing when he said that. He also said this is the best receiving corps he's had since they've been at Nebraska.

Well how about fucking playing them then!?!?

Probably aging myself a bit, because this will come across as old-fashioned, but isn't holding them accountable to blocking how you build a culture? I'm with you on the frustration of not getting our best pass catchers on the field, but if they're lazy with blocking, I'm sure there'd be those that #1 - actually noticed #2 - bitched about it. FTR, I probably wouldn't notice if they blocked or not, but I'd notice it if Boobie housed a couple of passes.

I liked @huskermack post above. Why can't they just do what they're asked so they can see the field?

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Is this the dumbest fucking saying/philosophy Frost has in regards to WRs.

How about, No Rock for your freak WRs that can actually catch a deep ball, No Job for Frost.
How much do those speedy little shits at Miami block? Oklahoma?

Change your fucking scheme a bit if you fast WRs can’t block as well as you would like.

Jesus Suffering Fuck I am pissed.

betsch

Safety
Probably aging myself a bit, because this will come across as old-fashioned, but isn't holding them accountable to blocking how you build a culture? I'm with you on the frustration of not getting our best pass catchers on the field, but if they're lazy with blocking, I'm sure there'd be those that #1 - actually noticed #2 - bitched about it. FTR, I probably wouldn't notice if they blocked or not, but I'd notice it if Boobie housed a couple of passes.

I liked @huskermack post above. Why can't they just do what they're asked so they can see the field?

Maybe they try to block, but they just aren't very good at it.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
I wish these kids would just do what they're being coached to do (allegedly).
Block AND blow our minds with freak-show catches/routes/TDs/whatever.

Why can't we have both? They're both important.
Yes, it would be nice to have both. And if they're not good at both, then what are you teaching them. There comes a point though, if you can't get your dudes on the field because they can't block well, but can't blow the fucking top off a defense and catch Touchdowns and chase some fine ass phillies, Then what the fuck are we doing, because no one wins and Frost eventually gets fired.

huskermack

Offensive
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yes, it would be nice to have both. And if they're not good at both, then what are you teaching them. There comes a point though, if you can't get your dudes on the field because they can't block well, but can't blow the fucking top off a defense and catch Touchdowns and chase some fine ass phillies, Then what the fuck are we doing, because no one wins and Frost eventually gets fired.
Yeah, it's been a bad look for sure - especially if reports of our "dudes" being freaks is more than hype.
We sure-as-shit can't win with what we put on the field Saturday.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

Already said but it may not be effort related. Just not very good at it or too small and wimpy.

Small and wimpy can still run fast and catch gud.

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG

The blocking on the perimeter was nothing spectacular on Saturday. The reality is that Frost said he will get the players that give thee team the best chance to win on the field. Not sure if that is true for our WR Corp.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Our offense on Saturday was merely a mirage... something to lull our week 2 opponent into a false sense of security before throwing our high octane offense at them, leaving them bewildered and on the ropes.

We don't want to decimate the confidence of these fragile freshmen by throwing them to the vastly superior players of OSU. That would set them back and considering it's a free year of eligibility that would be really damaging in the long run.

Finally, it is difficult to instill a winning culture without wins. So we must settle for smaller victories like completing a block on the perimeter.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I just don't get it. How can all of these recruiting gem guys be blocking THAT badly?? How can these other guys who weren't even recruited by P5 teams be blocking SO much better that it makes up for their many clear deficiencies? Especially when WR is potentially a huge obvious missing link to having a sweet offense that could hang with anybody? Why do we always have so many mysterious circumstances in our football program regardless of who the coaches and players are??

giphy.gif

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Our offense on Saturday was merely a mirage... something to lull our week 2 opponent into a false sense of security before throwing our high octane offense at them, leaving them bewildered and on the ropes.

We don't want to decimate the confidence of these fragile freshmen by throwing them to the vastly superior players of OSU. That would set them back and considering it's a free year of eligibility that would be really damaging in the long run.

Finally, it is difficult to instill a winning culture without wins. So we must settle for smaller victories like completing a block on the perimeter.
6 dimensional chess match bitches.

betsch

Safety
I just don't get it. How can all of these recruiting gem guys be blocking THAT badly?? How can these other guys who weren't even recruited by P5 teams be blocking SO much better that it makes up for their many clear deficiencies? Especially when WR is potentially a huge obvious missing link to having a sweet offense that could hang with anybody? Why do we always have so many mysterious circumstances in our football program regardless of who the coaches and players are??

giphy.gif

AND.......if they are THAT bad at blocking, wouldn't you notice that when you were recruiting them?

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG

I’m sure Saban is similar here. He will just replace a kid with someone as good. We don’t have that luxury.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds