Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking New Secondary Coach: John Butler

Butler mutually parted ways with the Bills in February and said this to The Athletic:

“People are probably wondering why a guy who’s had so much production and so many great things to say about the organization is leaving,” Butler said. “There doesn’t have to be a crazy story behind it. I just want to run a defense in the NFL or college football. I want that opportunity, and I don’t want to wait.”

Possible replacement for White when the time comes?

Butler mutually parted ways with the Bills in February and said this to The Athletic:

“People are probably wondering why a guy who’s had so much production and so many great things to say about the organization is leaving,” Butler said. “There doesn’t have to be a crazy story behind it. I just want to run a defense in the NFL or college football. I want that opportunity, and I don’t want to wait.”

Sounds like it. Does he know the 3-3-5?

I think they probably drew Butler by promising him the next DC position.

The Bill's DC position was open he didn't get it so he bounced.

I’m always big on seeing how the fans at a previous stop feel about a new coach when they’re hired. On the little bit I could find Bills fans were pretty complimentary of Butler’s development skills, noting how he’s turned some 6th/7th/UDFA guys into legit players in the league. The only negative I could find is Kaiir Elam and him for whatever reason didn’t seem to gel but that’s not too big a deal I think.

Obviously the big concern will be recruiting as he hasn’t had to do it in over a decade which may as well have been never at this point. We will also need to somebody to step up in the recruiting coordinator/tape guy role whether that is Butler or somebody else on staff.
Here’s my source if anybody is interested:

Rhule has some pretty good connections. On the face this looks like a nice hire.

Obviously time will tell if he meshes well with the players on the current roster.

My bigger question is who is doing the evaluating of HS prospects now?

They have basically turned over that department in a year’s time and Cooper was dubbed as the mastermind behind all that stuff.

Could be wrong, but thought I read the NCAA passed the unlimited number of coaches rule? If that is the case Rhule may have someone lined up already also to step into that role. He just seems like we finally have a complete package of a coach who can handle this unique fishbowl

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back