Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

New name emerges for Montana state gig

I don’t buy that. Husker fans would have accepted Riley if he didn’t tank. The only hypocritical thing is not holding Frost to the same standard Riley was held to. You could tell in three years Riley wasn’t the guy, and the same can be said for Frost. He won’t ever win us anything of significance.

I’m not disagreeing with you at all. Riley was never going to make it here...the results in year 3 were pitiful. My point was I didn’t necessarily think Riley was a horrible coach, but leading an underdog program like Oregon State and leading a blue blood program like Nebraska are two totally different animals.

I’m not disagreeing with you at all. Riley was never going to make it here...the results in year 3 were pitiful. My point was I didn’t necessarily think Riley was a horrible coach, but leading an underdog program like Oregon State and leading a blue blood program like Nebraska are two totally different animals.
The best work the OWH has done in years was the post firing autopsy if how Riley got stuck between doing it his way and doing it the Nebraska way. And that ain't a recipe for success

I think Riley was a solid coach at one time. I think he was on the decline by the time we hired him. Honestly you could debate Riley was better than Frost through three years.

I think Riley was a solid coach at one time. I think he was on the decline by the time we hired him. Honestly you could debate Riley was better than Frost through three years.
I think the difference between Riley and Frost is athletically Nebraska was completely overmatched in nearly every B1G game under Riley. Especially in the trenches and it was getting worse every year.

Under Frost we're still not athletically superior to anyone but Rutgers but we're not behind anyone other than Ohio St. Especially in the trenches and it's getting better.

As far as coaching the fundamentals Riley and staff were better. Can Frost improve? IDK.

There's exceptions to both of those things. WR was better unded Riley. QB is probably a toss up. Diaco defense was terrible but can't blame Riley for that.

Where will Frosts team be in 6 years? I think we'll find out. If Riley had 6 years how much worse/better would NE be in that 6th year?

I think the difference between Riley and Frost is athletically Nebraska was completely overmatched in nearly every B1G game under Riley. Especially in the trenches and it was getting worse every year.

Under Frost we're still not athletically superior to anyone but Rutgers but we're not behind anyone other than Ohio St. Especially in the trenches and it's getting better.

As far as coaching the fundamentals Riley and staff were better. Can Frost improve? IDK.

There's exceptions to both of those things. WR was better unded Riley. QB is probably a toss up. Diaco defense was terrible but can't blame Riley for that.

Where will Frosts team be in 6 years? I think we'll find out. If Riley had 6 years how much worse/better would NE be in that 6th year?
I agree Frost’s o line, d-line, and backer recruiting seem to be better. It doesn’t matter if you can’t coach those guys to fit your system. I’m talking more about the offensive side in this case because Chinander is doing what we hoped he would do. No one thought he was going to be the greatest DC, but atleast we have seen some improvement on that side of the ball. The offense is a complete shit show to go along with special teams. I will be really surprised if we make a bowl in year 4. Any other coach would be fired for that. It wouldn’t matter who the program was.

I agree Frost’s o line, d-line, and backer recruiting seem to be better. It doesn’t matter if you can’t coach those guys to fit your system. I’m talking more about the offensive side in this case because Chinander is doing what we hoped he would do. No one thought he was going to be the greatest DC, but atleast we have seen some improvement on that side of the ball. The offense is a complete shit show to go along with special teams. I will be really surprised if we make a bowl in year 4. Any other coach would be fired for that. It wouldn’t matter who the program was.
If he doesn't make a bowl next year I can't imagine he doesn't get fired.

Interesting. Wonder why the kid never joined a team at any level and gave it a shot after being here. FWIW I thought he sucked.
I think a lot of guys who don't work out get kinda unfairly painted with a "he just wanted to be a celebrity and didn't want to work hard" brush, but in Keyshawn Jr.'s case I really think he just wanted to be a celebrity. Haha

I think a lot of guys who don't work out get kinda unfairly painted with a "he just wanted to be a celebrity" brush, but in Keyshawn Jr.'s case I really think he just wanted to be a celebrity. Haha
I don't know the kid, but his behavior suggest that this might have some truth to it. Combine attitude with the fact that he didn't have the explosive athletic talent his dad did, blend it a lack of work ethic, and it's a recipe for being relegated to "ex-athlete" status. Still, his name alone will ensure he gets his dick wet for the entirety of his collegiate experience, and Arizona is a lot warmer place for recreating and procreating than Lincoln in the winter.

Mike Riley must really be desperate to get away from Dee. Montana State when you are already absurdly rich? Jeff Fisher as well... I mean WTF?

I mean why the hell not if you love coaching football? A mere fraction of the pressure when compared to Nebraska or any NFL job, plus you get to live in Bozeman. Sounds like paradise to me.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back