Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebrasketball vs Sam Houston State - Game Thread (1 Viewer)

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I'll watch it later, but it's not horribly surprising this early in the year

We look like every team does this time of year where we’re a bunch of individuals trying to figure out how to actually play within the system and together. Fred still looks like he’s trying to find the right combination of guys as well.

The best part is that this year when we’re in need we can draw up a set play for Bryce. He’s a pretty good basketball player.

Wilhelm is gonna help this team down the stretch. He plays very tough and does some little things that we’ll need. He doesn’t look very confident in his offensive game yet. He got a foul called on him because he boxed a man out on a rebound literally all the way to the floor.

Much better effort tonight on the glass and we did take care of the basketball against a team last year that I believe was a top 20 team in the nation in steals.

Verge does kill a lot of our offensive flow. I’d like to see him move the basketball better.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG

tumblr_piit5yeGKh1s3gys4o1_400.gifv

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
It’s concerning both of those guys have been so ball dominate against SHSU & WIU. Should be a bunch of guys scoring. Bryce is definitely a talented dude though.
Yea but I think Bryce should have the green light whenever he wants & tonight he was way better at picking his shots & still had 29. Verge is a problem cuz the dude dribbles in one spot forever.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yea but I think Bryce should have the green light whenever he wants & tonight he was way better at picking his shots & still had 29. Verge is a problem cuz the dude dribbles in one spot forever.
Lights came on and verge reverted back to who he was at ASU instead of who he was against CU

Last edited:

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Finally watched it today. Had family game night last night.

1st half was atrocious. Big difference when Andre is in there though. HCFH just needs to find the lineups that work. That 2nd lineup in the first half didn't mesh at all.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Finally watched it today. Had family game night last night.

1st half was atrocious. Big difference when Andre is in there though. HCFH just needs to find the lineups that work. That 2nd lineup in the first half didn't mesh at all.

Finally got around to it.

The number of possessions where verge is the only guy who touches the ball is way too fucking high.

Andre is going to be a dude by the time it's all said and done. Obvious he's still learning the game, but his fluidity for a guy that size, his defensive communication, and the passing for his position is way better than I'd ever expect to see from a Nebraska big

Lots of breakdowns on D seemed to be two new guys. Switching is hard and it takes time to do it at a high level.

Wilhelm had a rough night. Not all high energy plays are good plays, but I expect him to learn that over time.

Bryce is everything he was.supposed to be.

jw3

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Verge dribbles the air out of the ball, not a fan so far. He either needs to pass the rock on occasion or Kobe Webster needs to see some of his minutes.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Verge dribbles the air out of the ball, not a fan so far. He either needs to pass the rock on occasion or Kobe Webster needs to see some of his minutes.
Trey can play point. Plenty of guards on this team already seeing minutes. Don't think you'd have to add any. Just reduce Verge and increase others.

The number of possessions where verge is the only guy who touches the ball is way too fucking high.

Andre is going to be a dude by the time it's all said and done. Obvious he's still learning the game, but his fluidity for a guy that size, his defensive communication, and the passing for his position is way better than I'd ever expect to see from a Nebraska big

Lots of breakdowns on D seemed to be two new guys. Switching is hard and it takes time to do it at a high level.

Wilhelm had a rough night. Not all high energy plays are good plays, but I expect him to learn that over time.

Bryce is everything he was.supposed to be.
If Wilhelm quits reaching and being floppy he'll be ok on D. He just needs to learn he's not in high school anymore. Offensively he's got a long ways to go.

I agree with the common sentiment that Verge isn't as good as he thinks he is.

extra too much GIF

Be a PG. Also make layups.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG

Lots of breakdowns on D
Those were my two biggest concerns. If you have to pick one. The D was it for me. Way to many easy plays for the offense. I would say you can get away with it against WIU and Sam Houston St but....

So much standing around on offense. They'd go high pick and roll a lot, with no action after the initial screen.

The thing I'm holding out hope for is you can see they're a pretty talented group. Hopefully the lights come on tomorrow. Beat stoopid Crayton and all is forgiven.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Those were my two biggest concerns. If you have to pick one. The D was it for me. Way to many easy plays for the offense. I would say you can get away with it against WIU and Sam Houston St but....

So much standing around on offense. They'd go high pick and roll a lot, with no action after the initial screen.

The thing I'm holding out hope for is you can see they're a pretty talented group. Hopefully the lights come on tomorrow. Beat stoopid Crayton and all is forgiven.
I felt like Fred was playing with the lineups in that game too. With him I have 100% confidence he knows what he's doing.

To tie into the players vs coaching conversation years one and two he clearly didn't have the players. He had very few pieces to the puzzle let alone putting the puzzle together. This year he's still a ways away from getting the puzzle completed but you can at least see what the puzzle is now.

Bryce is 100% for real. I don't know if he's a one and done kid (hope not) but he's absolutely an NBA player. Andre may or may not get drafted but at minimum he'll get picked up in FA and play some NBA games. I actually think Verge could be a very good PG if he plays within the role of his strengths. Right now he thinks he's THE guy.

I don't know if they'll put it together enough to beat Pickle Smoochers tomorrow but I think it will be a decent team by the end of the year.

Lat better start knocking down 3s or he might as well stay on the bench. All 4 of his 0-4 were very good looks.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds