Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebrasketball Recruiting Thread

Two main Nebrasketball targets mentioned.

Excited Reaction Gif GIF by Brett Eldredge

Blurb mentions Ahneman's prowess as a passing big. It's a literal no brainer for him. I can't even think of another team in the country that lets a big man initiate the offense so much. Sure Edey, etc. get plays called for them and shit, but being the guy on the ball pulling the strings in an NBA style offense? I'm at a loss

Tommy Ahneman jumped up to No. 46 in the most recent 2025 Tater Island 150 update. The 6-foot-10 center at West Fargo (ND) High earned North Dakota Gatorade State Player of the Year honors this season. He averaged 20.7 points and 8.1 rebounds this summer with the Howard Pulley program on Nike’s EYCL Circuit.

“I like to play inside, out,” Ahneman told Tater Island. “My main focus is on the defensive end. I like to rebound, and block shots. I pass well and can score down low as much as possible and can step out and knock down a couple of threes.”

Tater Island caught up with four-star Tommy Ahneman after a recent live viewing to discuss the latest in his recruitment.

“I have not been on any official visits yet,” Ahneman said. “I do have a couple set up for the Fall. I am going to visit Minnesota, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, and Nebraska.”

Ahneman breaks down his official visits​

MINNESOTA: “I’ll visit them on August 29. The way they play sticks out for me and the coaching staff is awesome. Ben (Johnson) and I stay in contact often. They have a great atmosphere there too. Now that I live in Minnesota, it would be cool to play for the hometown team. They see me as a big man, a screener, a rebounder, and someone who can score and be an offensive starter.”

NOTRE DAME: “My visit to them will be September 7. Coach Shrews (Micah Shrewsberry) and I talk a lot. I talk with Coach (Kyle) Getter once or twice a week. They want me to come in and be me, they like that they think I’m a great fit for their team. I still haven’t sat down and talked with them on the official yet, so after that, I’ll have a better feel for how they’ll use me.”

WISCONSIN: “I’ll visit them on September 14. We still have a growing relationship. I was supposed to go visit there recently, but I couldn’t because of the moving process. But they want to make sure I know that I am a priority for them.”

NEBRASKA: “My visit there is September 20. My relationship is awesome with Nebraska. I talk with Coach (Fred) Hoiberg probably three or four times a week. I talk with Coach (Nate) Loenser, too. I watched a lot of Reink Mast this past year, and I do a lot of the same stuff. Start at the top of the key and can either dribble handoff or go find my spot in the post or step out and hit a three.”

Tommy Ahneman talks recruitment​

“Those four are not my final four schools or anything,” Ahneman said. “I still want to set a couple of other visits. I’m talking with Pickle Smoochers and Cockeye right now, too. And we’ll see what happens after this weekend.”

Pickle Smoochers: “I went on an unofficial there after my Nebraska unofficial and I really liked their campus. We are still building and growing our relationship.”

Cockeye: “We are looking for a date to set my official visit there. Things were somewhat quiet there for a little bit, but they’re hopping on again. They’re talking about some of the stuff Luka Garza did. Not really the three-point stuff, but make the first pass and kind of start the offense.”

In his words​

“The plan is to sign during the early period,” Ahneman said. “We are looking at October.

“Fit is going to be big for me. I’m going to look at the academics and the overall feel for the school. I don’t need to go in there and be the man or anything, but I do want to be impactful and utilized.”

Coincidence he is visiting with another Omahan, Bynum? Previously, they would probably be planning on which school they'll snub Nebraska for.

But not this time, Baron.
Two now former Omaha Bryan Bears.

Three 2025 visitors on campus for Colorado Football weekend.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back