Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebrasketball 2024-25 Season Notes Thread

967bd1fa-8abc-4e9f-b037-669f1a420429_text.gif

The Incarnate Word's of the world that will fucking haunt us if we don't end non-con at like 13-1
Stack some Ws, get a couple teams on there that'll be noteworthy on the resume, and win one of those. Be in the top 6-8 in conference play. We don't have the Michigan State cache to be 18-15 & get into the tourney because we were testing ourselves in November.
22ish wins in the B1G is almost always gonna punch your ticket.

With how these new conference schedules look, that is exactly the type of non-con I hope we see every year. I’m not seeing any real appeal in scheduling to many difficult teams.

Agree. Why take a chance of beating up our pre-B1G record? A game or two of good competition, but otherwise let the team hone their craft against teams that should be basically sure wins.

NU BBall needs a good record going into conference play. Then have another top 5 B1G season in conference so that the tourney is a sure thing. THEN, go get that first tourney win for once.

And as far as football goes - I also think we should follow the SEC plan and schedule mostly cupcakes in non-con. Football seriously needs an 8+ win season. No reason to make that harder than it needs to be. B1G conference play is only getting tougher from here on out.

Agree. Why take a chance of beating up our pre-B1G record? A game or two of good competition, but otherwise let the team hone their craft against teams that should be basically sure wins.

NU BBall needs a good record going into conference play. Then have another top 5 B1G season in conference so that the tourney is a sure thing. THEN, go get that first tourney win for once.

And as far as football goes - I also think we should follow the SEC plan and schedule mostly cupcakes in non-con. Football seriously needs an 8+ win season. No reason to make that harder than it needs to be. B1G conference play is only getting tougher from here on out.
There is risk associated with it both ways, right? You play too many cupcakes in noncon to build a cohesive team, which makes sense given that they only really return Gary and Williams, and you put yourself behind the NET 8ball and have to be in the top 5 or so of the big ten.

On the other hand, you load up the noncon a bit more and you help yourself with NET and can pick up a few quality wins against teams even though it ups the chance you take some non con losses.

As far as football goes, if we pretend the world even exists where media partners would let them reduce the schedule, I think you sit tight and see what happens with the 12 team playoff. My expectation is that the SEC will be comically rewarded with extra playoff spots even for teams who beat no one with a pulse, but maybe with the addition of Oregon/USC, the Big Ten can put together strong enough resumes that the 3rd or 4th cupcake the SEC plays annually gets punished.

There is risk associated with it both ways, right? You play too many cupcakes in noncon to build a cohesive team, which makes sense given that they only really return Gary and Williams, and you put yourself behind the NET 8ball and have to be in the top 5 or so of the big ten.

On the other hand, you load up the noncon a bit more and you help yourself with NET and can pick up a few quality wins against teams even though it ups the chance you take some non con losses.

As far as football goes, if we pretend the world even exists where media partners would let them reduce the schedule, I think you sit tight and see what happens with the 12 team playoff. My expectation is that the SEC will be comically rewarded with extra playoff spots even for teams who beat no one with a pulse, but maybe with the addition of Oregon/USC, the Big Ten can put together strong enough resumes that the 3rd or 4th cupcake the SEC plays annually gets punished.

Definitely a risk having a cupcake non-con in BBall. I think 2, maybe 3 tops for legit P5 level opponents in non-con is OK. I'd go with 2 personally.

Football - since NU football still gets attention and eyeballs, it is more likely we will still have a decently tough non-con schedule usually. I do want to get rid of playing an early conference game. We know how that has worked out.

Definitely a risk having a cupcake non-con in BBall. I think 2, maybe 3 tops for legit P5 level opponents in non-con is OK. I'd go with 2 personally.

Football - since NU football still gets attention and eyeballs, it is more likely we will still have a decently tough non-con schedule usually. I do want to get rid of playing an early conference game. We know how that has worked out.
Yeah. I don't mind 9 but while we suck get some runway to figure shit out instead of a Thursday night opener

Respectfully, suck my dick, Andy Katz

Looking back it has to be trollish.

Indiana? Illinois? Purdoodoo? All tier one?

Michigan Tier 3? LMAO...I know they'll take a step back but they're still Michigan loaded with talent.

UCLA Tier 2? Yeah no.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back