Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebrasketball 2024-25 Roster Ins/Outs (8 Viewers)

huskermef

Bench Warmer
You come across any of these rumors of Mast taking a year off for recovery/rehab Kermit? Heard that yesterday and didn't know if it actually had legs or not.
He potentially would have to get season-ending knee surgery, and since he has no future in the NBA, I think he'd make more here than in the Euro Leagues.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I wrote this re: Mast some number of pages ago and I think it's right.
I think he'd need a hardship waiver for an additional year of eligiblity, which is more stringent than a simple medical redshirt. He's used 5 years of eligiblity (counting the covid year) out of 6 possible (again counting the covid year) so he'd need approval for 7 whether he plays or not. Given that he's played in 28+ games every year, it seems really unlikely

Huskers4420

Linebacker
I wrote this re: Mast some number of pages ago and I think it's right.

You're right. I didn't realize he redshirted for a year at Bradley already. I'd think they'd need some pretty hard evidence that this surgery and recovery would really take him out for an entire year without any possibility of playing. Then again, it's not like the NCAA has really been strict on rules regarding eligibility lately.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
I'm jumping into the middle of this and don't really know what's going on. Are we thinking Mast is actually out of eligibility and needs a waiver to play this next season? Or he may need surgery that would keep him out all of next season and a waiver to play the following season?

Also, if Mast is out for 2024/25, we need to put the full court press on both Milicic and Kyle!

RedSavage

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member

angry mark cuban GIF

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
All of the above?
I was told some possible improprieties with money. Not sure if it was from paying recruits before NIL and/or skimming some of the NIL money from players. I was told that there was quite a bit of friction on the team for a while over money issues. Some were ABM but I believe some parents, maybe McGowens, went to Fred with concerns.

Gambling wouldn't surprise me either as some have mentioned that but no confirmation it is more than just a rumor. And lets face it he looks like the guy at the sports bar who has money on a bunch of games, and when in a group is the guy who always eats the last Chicken Wing

Cowboy Kermit

Linebacker
Insider
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
I was told some possible improprieties with money. Not sure if it was from paying recruits before NIL and/or skimming some of the NIL money from players. I was told that there was quite a bit of friction on the team for a while over money issues. Some were ABM but I believe some parents, maybe McGowens, went to Fred with concerns.

Gambling wouldn't surprise me either as some have mentioned that but no confirmation it is more than just a rumor. And lets face it he looks like the guy at the sports bar who has money on a bunch of games, and when in a group is the guy who always eats the last Chicken Wing
Bryce McGowens received 10% of the NIL money he was promised when he committed to Nebraska.

Just for starters

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds