Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebrasketball 2024-25 Roster Ins/Outs (13 Viewers)

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Speaking of… have we heard anything in regards to Biliew? Given Fred’s relationship with Otz… maybe we aren’t pursuing him anymore?

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
That’s the thing. If you have shot blockers it can mitigate a lack of athleticism on the perimeter.
I love having shot blockers. I've probably mentioned this before but I still remember a classic Kansas vs Oklahoma battle during the Billy Tubbs days. KU had roughly a 20 point lead going into halftime. They were stacked with Post players. 2nd Half Billy Tubbs put in some little used skinny but springy 6-10 JUCO Transfer. Start of the 2nd half he blocked 5 or 6 shots and the next thing you know KU players were afraid to take the ball inside instead depending on their outside shooters. Which weren't the strength of their team. They struggled shooting and Oklahoma came back to win the game. Control the paint with a shot blocker and you can play more pressure defense on the perimeter plus make players think twice about shooting in the lane.

GBRfr

Linebacker
Elite Member
I agree. That being said, really any combination of Mast, Morgan, Kyle and Milicic would be solid.

I like the lineup of
Worster/Ulis
Williams/Griffith/Hoiberg
Gary/Fiddler
Kyle/Morgan/Biliew
Mast/Milicic
Huh??

Fiddler ain’t coming off the bench, he’s gonna score 20ppg unless he goes to sparty to start. We aren’t getting Milicic and Kyle either. Hopefully one of the two. The other will go start at another major school.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'd rather have Milicic and/or Kyle than Fidler. We can find wings to score but we need quality bigs.

Worster/Hoiberg/Ulis
Williams/Griffiths
Gary/transfer
Milicic or Kyle/transfer
Mast/Morgan

I think fans are sleeping on Griffiths a bit. His high school film is impressive and he played well against us. To me he has more upside than Fidler, plus is taller and a better jumper. He blocked 2 shots against us and wasn't afraid to drive the lane crashing into the big boys. Love his energy. Also Milicic could be a great Match for Fred's offense with his 3 Pt Shooting and mobility.

You put any combination of these 5 players on the floor and they should be able to hang with anyone in the B1G.
-Worster
-Williams
-Griffiths
-Milicic
-Gary
-Mast

GBRfr

Linebacker
Elite Member
I'd rather have Milicic and/or Kyle than Fidler. We can find wings to score but we need quality bigs.

Worster/Hoiberg/Ulis
Williams/Griffiths
Gary/transfer
Milicic or Kyle/transfer
Mast/Morgan

I think fans are sleeping on Griffiths a bit. His high school film is impressive and he played well against us. To me he has more upside than Fidler, plus is taller and a better jumper. He blocked 2 shots against us and wasn't afraid to drive the lane crashing into the big boys. Love his energy. Also Milicic could be a great Match for Fred's offense with his 3 Pt Shooting and mobility.

You put any combination of these 5 players on the floor and they should be able to hang with anyone in the B1G.
-Worster
-Williams
-Griffiths
-Milicic
-Gary
-Mast
Griffiths size (6’8) is what makes his potential so high. He son’d Gary twice I believe on those blocks.

The more I think about it, adding Fiddler and one of Milicic/Ryan and we’re set.

Worster/Hoiberg/Ulis
Williams/Gary or Griffiths
Fiddler/Gary or Griffiths
Milicic /transfer/transfer
Mast /Morgan

Last edited:

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Griffiths size is what makes his potential so high. He son’d Gary twice I believe on those blocks.

The more I think about it, adding Fiddler and one of Milicic/Ryan and we’re set.

Worster/Hoiberg/Ulis
Williams/Gary or Griffiths
Fiddler/Gary or Griffiths
Milicic /transfer/transfer
Mast /Morgan
I'm wondering if the ship hasn't sailed on Fidler. Rumors Pickle Smoochers cooled on him a bit and some smoke about us pulling back too. I'm fine with Griffiths being the 6th Man at the 2 & 3 backing up Williams & Gary. I'm assuming Fred will add another outside shooter if he doesn't get Fidler.

GBRfr

Linebacker
Elite Member
I'm wondering if the ship hasn't sailed on Fidler. Rumors Pickle Smoochers cooled on him a bit and some smoke about us pulling back too. I'm fine with Griffiths being the 6th Man at the 2 & 3 backing up Williams & Gary. I'm assuming Fred will add another outside shooter if he doesn't get Fidler.
Yeah I have no idea on the current status or why he backed up his announcement after visiting sparty. I think someone alluded to Pope at UK reaching out to him. We do need a scorer though, Griffith could be that guy if he makes a jump but I’d rather get a proven scorer since we so many open spots.

Southendzonehusker

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Huh??

Fiddler ain’t coming off the bench, he’s gonna score 20ppg unless he goes to sparty to start. We aren’t getting Milicic and Kyle either. Hopefully one of the two. The other will go start at another major school.
Frankie is going back to UNO because every team wants him off the bench. He isn’t starting over Gary or Griffiths.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Huh??

My lineup was a dream scenario - I am aware that we only have three spots left and I had 4 transfers on there. I have agreed with your sentiment that we are likely only taking one more big and then shifting the focus to the back court. That being said, if both Kyle III and Milicic want N, it would be tough to pick one over the other and turn the other away. I think I lean Kyle, but Milicic is growing on me and I like his fit in Hoiberg's system.

In regards to Fiddler, this has been my issue/concern with him the entire time - I don't see how he fits in outside of 6th man. He very well may be better than Gary and may move Gary to the bench. But I'm not ready to take a Summit league guy over a two-year P5 starter on a team who just made the tourney. Yes, Fiddler is very good, but Gary isn't some bum. So do you move Fiddler to SG and have him over Williams? I think the 3 main guys returning from last year are starting. I don't think that's crazy. Ulis and Worster can battle over the PG spot and Mason and another transfer can battle it out for the PF/C position. How does Fiddler fit into that? Maybe Worster/Ulis, Williams, Fiddler, Gary and Mast could be your starting 5 with Mason, Griffith and another transfer could be your bench players.

GBRfr

Linebacker
Elite Member
Frankie is going back to UNO because every team wants him off the bench. He isn’t starting over Gary or Griffiths.
This might be one of the funniest posts I’ve seen itt. Y'all are seriously sleeping on Fidler. Wisconsin literally wants him to replace Storr.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I dont understand this Fiddler fascination. Every team recruiting him is to be an off the bench guy. And since we lost to TAMU, the narrative has not been that we need to learn to shoot, it's that we need to get more athletic and better defensively. Neither of those Fiddler helps with. Yet people think hes coming in and starting?

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
tPB OG
I dont understand this Fiddler fascination. Every team recruiting him is to be an off the bench guy. And since we lost to TAMU, the narrative has not been that we need to learn to shoot, it's that we need to get more athletic and better defensively. Neither of those Fiddler helps with. Yet people think hes coming in and starting?
I don't know how his game would translate to a higher level, but you can always make room for a guy who can score at 3 levels.

That said, I just don't think Fiddler is coming so whatever.

GBRfr

Linebacker
Elite Member
We literally just lost a 15ppg scorer who was probably our greatest shooter of all time??

Yeah who wants a 6’7 G/SF that averaged 20ppg last year on 45% from the field and 35% from 3?

We should be set with 3 guys that averaged 12 ppg and a pg that averaged 8ppg and Griffiths a transfer who averaged under 6 a game. Might as well cool on Fidler and watch him go to Wisky and be all B1G lmao

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
We literally just lost a 15ppg scorer who was probably our greatest shooter of all time??

Yeah who wants a 6’7 G/SF that averaged 20ppg last year on 45% from the field and 35% from 3?

We should be set with 3 guys that averaged 12 ppg and a pg that averaged 8ppg and Griffiths a transfer who averaged under 6 a game. Might as well cool on Fidler and watch him go to Wisky and be all B1G lmao
I didn't say I didn't want him, but I'm not gonna sit here and pretend like he's some program savior. He'd be a good sixth or seventh man.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
My lineup was a dream scenario - I am aware that we only have three spots left and I had 4 transfers on there. I have agreed with your sentiment that we are likely only taking one more big and then shifting the focus to the back court. That being said, if both Kyle III and Milicic want N, it would be tough to pick one over the other and turn the other away. I think I lean Kyle, but Milicic is growing on me and I like his fit in Hoiberg's system.

In regards to Fiddler, this has been my issue/concern with him the entire time - I don't see how he fits in outside of 6th man. He very well may be better than Gary and may move Gary to the bench. But I'm not ready to take a Summit league guy over a two-year P5 starter on a team who just made the tourney. Yes, Fiddler is very good, but Gary isn't some bum. So do you move Fiddler to SG and have him over Williams? I think the 3 main guys returning from last year are starting. I don't think that's crazy. Ulis and Worster can battle over the PG spot and Mason and another transfer can battle it out for the PF/C position. How does Fiddler fit into that? Maybe Worster/Ulis, Williams, Fiddler, Gary and Mast could be your starting 5 with Mason, Griffith and another transfer could be your bench players.
I'm not sure if some of these transfers are going to want to go to a team they wouldn't start on. With the names that are being mentioned this line up would make me very happy:

PG - Worster 6-4
SG- Williams 6-8
SF- Gary 6-6
PF- Milicic 6-10 or Kyle 6-9
Center- Mast 6-10

Bench:
PG- Ullis 6-3
SG/SF- Griffiths 6-8
Center/PF- Morgan 6-10
PG/SG- "Lil Hercules" Hoiberg 5-11

Thats a solid 9 Deep. We could probably use another 3 Pt chucker. Who knows what we will get from the 2 Freshmen. Maybe 6-4 Janowski will transition quickly and provide a consistent outside threat. It would be great to add a player like Omaha Biliew if he was cool with not being promised starters minutes. He is talented but barely cracked the line up at Cockeye St

The above line up is head and shoulders better than anything Miles put on the court and probably Fred's best line up too. Liked this years team make up but I feel more potential with the above.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds